Green Cherry Tomatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
20231029_192737[1].jpg

A friend brought me a grocery sack full of green cherry tomatoes because...well, just because. I guess they didn't know what to do with them and really, I don't either other than letting them ripen or making a salsa. I ate one and they don't really have much flavor. Any suggestions?

Reactions: JLeonard
I would think they will ripen in time. Maybe slice a few and make small fried green maters.
I forgot one year I had a bunch of bigger green tomatoes when I was ready to terminate the bushes. Tim/BamaFan took a bunch home with him for some reason he put a few in the smoker while doing something else in it. He tasted them and said they were great he had some event and did all the rest of them and said people really liked them

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
I would think they will ripen in time.
Thanks, I feel sure they will so I picked out some to leave on the vine to ripen and the rest I picked off. Ended up with 2 lbs. off the vine. Maybe a green tomato salsa verde, but if they were big tomatoes, the smoking idea sounds interesting...
20231029_201052[1].jpg

Maybe a small batch of green tomato chow-chow

Not sure if this is a thing down your way . Mom used to make it when I was a kid

1698777369194.png

David

Reactions: 02ebz06
I'm a little late here, but those would have made awesome ammunition for cabbage night when I was a kid.

On a serious note. How about fried green tomato appetizers.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
I ended up making a salsa. Everyone loved it, but not being a big fan of cilantro, I thought it was just OK. Next time I'll cut back on the cilantro. I used this recipe...

Reactions: DanMcG and jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky