Great day for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whole lot of goodness going on there Bill. I can just taste the hot RB sammies.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: bill ace 350
32 right now, high of 39.

A few more pieces of cheese in the trash can smoker today.

Have 5 more pieces of Cabot in the trashcan. Had more room some ran to the Mennonite store and got some Great Lakes xxx sharp cheddar.

also picked up a small piece of xxx no-name cheddar aged 19 years...
20231118_143048.jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06 and Steve H
Good cheese! That and River Rat are my favorites.
I am prejudiced. I prefer it over River Rat, which is very, very good. It is local, the plant only 11 miles away. Many of my friends who I grew up with and graduated HS with worked or are still working there.

It also has an international reputation, winning many gold, silver and bronze medals in competition.

I am prejudiced. I prefer it over River Rat, which is very, very good. It is local, the plant only 11 miles away. Many of my friends who I grew up with and graduated HS with worked or are still working there.

It also has an international reputation, winning many gold, silver and bronze medals in competition.
Yup. I remember you saying that. Good cheese.

Yup. I remember you saying that. Good cheese.
I just took a small piece of the 19 year old xxx....

Incredible! I'm going back Monday and stocking up. Haven't tasted cheese like that in years.

Crumbly, crystals mouth puckering sharpness! Hope I won't ruin it. On the smoker now!

I just took a small piece of the 19 year old xxx....

Incredible! I'm going back Monday and stocking up. Haven't tasted cheese like that in years.

Crumbly, crystals mouth puckering sharpness! Hope I won't ruin it. On the smoker now!
I've got a couple blocks of 16 year old. Love the stuff.

Ha River Rat is a nickname folks from Winooski Vt are called. I love me some Cabot especially when it's smoked. Good stuff. You should try the Hot Habanero from Cabot. I swear the peppers in the cheese get hotter with the smoking process. Then again it could have something to do with the beer pole.

Chris

Ha River Rat is a nickname folks from Winooski Vt are called. I love me some Cabot especially when it's smoked. Good stuff. You should try the Hot Habanero from Cabot. I swear the peppers in the cheese get hotter with the smoking process. Then again it could have something to do with the beer pole.

Chris
I will look for some.

Smoked 5 more pieces of Cabot and 2 pieces of Great Lake. Looks like they picked up some color.
20231119_152829(0).jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky