Great day for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
34 degrees right now. High of 37 today. Perfect temps for cheese in my opinion.

Mostly Cabot Extra Sharp, and one Seriously Sharp plus a piece of Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp.

Then threw some beef in to smoke. Cured for ten days with Tenderquick and brown sugar.

Did'nt put any extra seasoning on this time. Hickory for both.
20231111_092400.jpg
20231111_092202.jpg

That beef looks marvelous, also the cheese .
Beef - 10 days with just tenderquick and brown sugar, so just a dry cure . would that be in a bag in the fridge.
Is this to be used as sliced beef ??

David

That beef looks marvelous, also the cheese .
Beef - 10 days with just tenderquick and brown sugar, so just a dry cure . would that be in a bag in the fridge.
Is this to be used as sliced beef ??

David
Yes, bag in fridge. Have vac sealed and used regular zip storage bags. No difference IMO.

Slice and eat on sandwich, crackers. Some like it as creamed beef on toast.

Is it one of Bearcarver's step by steps?
And now we must have patience as well... waiting for the slice lol!

Ryan
Bear had a step by step for this, but i used a basic TQ and brown sugar cure. I put mine in the smoker at 100 degrees until the surface is totally dry. Then bump to 150 for awhile.. Then 200 when I add chips.

I don't set temp over 200.

Easy smoke great results

Just looked at Bear carvers step by step. Minor differences in recipe and technique. Good stuff.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky