gravity 560 controller issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

traveler125

Original poster
May 21, 2024
Hello just like everyone, I love my Gravity 560 smoker when it works. The issue is the controller. It doesn't turn on. I have gone through two in one year. They seem to last about six months. I don't want to buy a replacement controller from masterbuilt because it is poor quality. Does anyone have a recommendation for a better quality controller? I absolutely love the grill but the build quality is terrible. please help. thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
Howdy, and welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
I don't have one so can't help with replacing the controller other than tell you others here have done it.
There are several threads on here that cover replacing Masterbuilt controllers.
You could try searching for PID controller.

Reactions: traveler125
I believe I saw a video where it was replaced with a Fireboad?
I'll look on YT and see if I can find it.

I've had no issues with my 1050 controller so no help from me in that dept.

Keith

EDIT

Last edited:
I believe I saw a video where it was replaced with a Fireboad?
I'll look on YT and see if I can find it.

I've had no issues with my 1050 controller so no help from me in that dept.

Keith

EDIT

thanks and has anyone had experience using the fireboard 2.0 with the gravity series? I have bypassed the switches and I see that there are issues with the fan. Is it worth it to invest 300 dollars in a controller or should I just punt?

I have the 1050, but I've been one of the lucky ones, with no controler issues ( knock on wood). But definitely curious of what you'll do. As one never knows when disaster may strike.

I've only had switch issues and bypassed and eliminated that problem.
Friend had a bad temp probe but that was an easy $8 fix. Caused to temp to stall around 250° iirc.
I love the MBGF and would probably spend the extra $$ to fix it.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky