Grand Canyon (Some Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice, looks like a fun time, it is a beautiful place for sure and thanks for sharing!

Reactions: seenred
Absolutely stunning pictures Red, and thank you for sharing! Never been there myself, have flown over it, obviously not the same as standing there. I would like to get there one day.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Yeah from 30K feet it just looks like a big hole in the ground lol. A lot more impressive up close and personal!

Red

Reactions: Flatrate
seenred seenred , I grew up in Canon City and worked summers at the Royal Gorge. That stretch is one I knew well in my younger days!

When I was 16, I spent the entire summer in Canon City. A very cool town! I enjoyed all the nearby attractions - Royal Gorge, Pike's Peak, whitewater rafting the Arkansas River...must have been a neat place to grow up.

Red

Reactions: chp
I know...usually when someone says "let me show you pictures of our vacation", you roll your eyes and try to sneak away! So be warned - sneak away now if you need to...

So Mrs. Red and her mother had never been to the Grand Canyon...and that was on both their bucket lists (IMHO, it should be on everyone's bucket list). I'd been once, but many, many years ago. So that's the trip we took last month. Any of y'all who've never seen it, I highly recommend finding a chance to go.

Like anyone who's every seen it in person, I'll say that pictures don't do it justice...you have to see it for yourself to truly appreciate how incredibly spectacular it really is. But I'm gonna show you some pictures anyway...

So these are views from inside the park at the south rim, and from a helicopter. If you go, and can afford it, you get views from the air that you'll never see any other way.

View attachment 673568
View attachment 673569
View attachment 673570
View attachment 673571
View attachment 673572
View attachment 673573
View attachment 673574
View attachment 673575

Like many who've seen it, it is my opinion that it's most spectacular in the few minutes right before sunset.

View attachment 673576
View attachment 673577
View attachment 673578
View attachment 673579
View attachment 673581
View attachment 673584
View attachment 673585

If you stayed for the slide show, thanks for looking!

Red
That's one big hole!!!

Thanks for the pics Red . Been there a long time ago when I was a kid . Need to make it back . Another place that may not compare , but has always stuck with me is the Badlands in South Dakota .

sounds kinda mushy, but it was a pretty emotional experience.
Well , not really .
Back in 2018 I was sitting in my tree stand during rifle season . Weather was nice , sun was going down . Just enough wind to sway the trees , and the woods were waking up for the night . It was so awesome . Makes you feel something inside . Just before dark an 8 pointer walked right up to my stand and stopped . I've shot plenty of deer out of that stand , but I just couldn't do it . I knew then I was done . Haven't gone since .

That's one big hole!!!

Yes...it is most definitely one big hole lol!

Thanks for the pics Red . Been there a long time ago when I was a kid . Need to make it back . Another place that may not compare , but has always stuck with me is the Badlands in South Dakota .

Well , not really .
Back in 2018 I was sitting in my tree stand during rifle season . Weather was nice , sun was going down . Just enough wind to sway the trees , and the woods were waking up for the night . It was so awesome . Makes you feel something inside . Just before dark an 8 pointer walked right up to my stand and stopped . I've shot plenty of deer out of that stand , but I just couldn't do it . I knew then I was done . Haven't gone since .

Neat story brother...I get it for sure!

Red

Thanks for sharing Red! Beautiful pictures! Hope someday to make it there as well! And neat story as well chopsaw chopsaw have one similar... except I shot... didn't want hoof prints across my forehead! Definitely easy to get caught up in nature!

Ryan

Thanks for sharing Red! Beautiful pictures! Hope someday to make it there as well! And neat story as well chopsaw chopsaw have one similar... except I shot... didn't want hoof prints across my forehead! Definitely easy to get caught up in nature!

Ryan

Thanks for the comments Ryan! And completely agree about getting caught up in nature…I’ve been a country boy all my life. My father taught me a respect and an appreciation for nature, and for natural beauty.

Red

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky