Got To..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
...give away my home-built smokehouse! I have bought a CampChef pellet smoker, and it is arriving tomorrow. So, anyone in the DFW area who wants it, I am giving it away, including the propane burner, wooden rods, but no ham hooks or bacon hangers (those were asked for by my two sons). But, you can order them from Butcher-Packer as I did.
My build in 2010:

if you want it, leave me a message on here and plan on bringing 4 or 5 strong guys with you and a full size pickup truck, to haul it away (weight is about 500 lbs). Tip it on it's side and drag it out of the back yard though a fence gate. I cannot help with it, as I am totally disabled in a walker.
smokehouse closed.jpeg
smokehouse open.jpeg

These were before I added te mailbox mod.

I simply cannot bend down enough to feed the wood chunks into the burner pan as I lose my balance too easily from my brain stem stroke.

Damn Pops, giving it away, I wish you lived near me I would grab that in a heart beat, what a beauty!

If only you were closer heck I'd about drive there to get it except trying to get it loaded would be a problem

A friend of ours has asked for it. He used to live in Fort Worth and worked for our oldest son, then went on to become a OTR long-haul truck driver, and is now retired, living in a motor home, single, in his son's motor home park and has a smoker but wanted to upgrade to a smokehouse! This saves him from having tio build one, and has several big trucker friends to help him get it off our back porch! A win-win situation! Plus, has been using my Pop's Curing Brine to smoke things!

Greg Lee came and took away my smokehouse today! This is a photo of it loaded on a trailer they brought to haul it away!
greg lee.jpg

Greg, his two sons and his granddaughter! They had to remove the gate door going to the back yard to get it out, but they reassembled it before they left with it in tow! A great job well done!

From a 1940's Koch catalog from where dad ordered 2 of them for his business!
Koch smokehouse.jpeg

(on the right of the page!)

Last edited:
Reactions: ga/smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky