good Golly Memorial day already

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Plan on going to visit best friend and college buddy. His dad started a family fishing weekend for the family, kids, and grandkids. His dad was killed in motorcycle accident last year Labor day weekend... so my buddy is gonna continue what his dad started.

1000004707.jpg

He can fit a few grandkids on his new boat.

Ryan

Got a prime brisket from Costco today, $4.79 lb. Gonna grind and break out the griddle.

Smashburger time.

Costco ground beef was right next to brisket and they wanted $4.99 lb. I doubt they grind the cheaper prime brisket for ground beef. Mrs. HowlingDog asked what do other folks pay for brisket??

My wife is running a race in Boulder, CO that weekend. I can't stand Boulder, so me and my boys might do some ribs. But they haven't decided yet.

Reactions: Redicans
Plan on going to visit best friend and college buddy. His dad started a family fishing weekend for the family, kids, and grandkids. His dad was killed in motorcycle accident last year Labor day weekend... so my buddy is gonna continue what his dad started.

View attachment 697266

He can fit a few grandkids on his new boat.

Ryan
Just damn! Nice looking Lund. Yes I'm jealous! Hope you guys can put the kids on some easy fishing.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Doing a Brisket Point on the smoker, and using the Flat to start curing for Pastrami, SmokinAl SmokinAl dry brine method. Just wondering if doing just the Point, will it take as long as a full Packer? Or much less. I'm planning to treat it like I do when doing the full one.

It’s our 27th anniversary. Crazy getting hitched on a major holiday, but at the time made sense. Now it’s a PITA. Just hard to enjoy it with all the people everywhere. Just stick to home and eat well. That’s all I know.

I hear you on that.

I thought doing it on Valentines day was real romantic, ( and it was )
But try and find a nice quite place to go for a nice meal on that day. now we either cook at home or go out on a different day to celebrate.

David

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Our holiday was last weekend,
I did my Porkstrami, then baked in the Q 3 big fresh Trout . And then took possession of out new hideaway piece of land
So yes a productive weekend here.

Looking forward to everyone's smokes this weekend coming.

David

Doing a Brisket Point on the smoker, and using the Flat to start curing for Pastrami, SmokinAl SmokinAl dry brine method. Just wondering if doing just the Point, will it take as long as a full Packer? Or much less. I'm planning to treat it like I do when doing the full one.
Still takes the same time to get tender, so get comfortable and ride it out.

Well, Mama and Winn dixie made up my mind. Our W/D ( only have one) has Boston butt listed as one of those 4 day weekend sales for $.99/lb. That store will surely be a C/F. being raised in Indiana I used to be a big Indy 500 fan. This year there's one little NASCAR twerp racing in the 500 then flying to Charlotte to do the Nascar circle. Plus it's been hotter than balls down here so TV A/C is going to be a treat,

Reactions: millerbuilds
We have a group of friends coming into town... so far this is my plan:
Friday Dinner: Grab some crawfish at a local cajon restaurant
Saturday Day/Pool Food: Smoked Bloody Mary's, Ceviche, Guacamole, Shotgun Shells, Smoked Deviled Eggs
Saturday Dinner: Smoked Picanha with chimichurri, Smoked Venison Tenderloin with a wild mushroom cream sauce
Sunday: Venison Brats, Pork Brats, Chicken Brats with hot fresh seasoned Sauerkraut.
Monday Lunch: Blue Cheese Venison Juicy Lucy's and Cheddar Beef Juicy Lucy's

Still figuring out the rest of the sides and Sunday Lunch/Apps.

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky