Going to buy first smoker, a couple questions.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Everyone, this is a great forum and has been a great help to me. The pellet smokers seem like a really smart idea for me. The WSM I just bought is half the price. I spent the rest to make a nice patio for cooking and eating brisket. Maybe a rib or two and the occasional chicken too. Maybe there will be a pellet smoker in my future.

I will think of you all and the great help I got when I'm munching on yummy brisket.

Aaron, WSM is what I have wanted for a long time. It's just recently that I started researching and set my mind on an offset. But thanks to you guys I know that that just is not going to work out for me because of the attention it takes. I just picked up my WSM 18" at Lowe's, and while I was there I ordered the pavers and picnic table for my patio. I'm really excited and can't wait to start learning how to cook brisket. The salt lick in Austin is the best brisket in the world for my money. I will try to make it that good. I will use the controller you talk about, which one do you recommend?

I did this largely on your information, so thanks a lot, now I'm your BBQ godson. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you guys in the future. Thank you all so much for your help. Thank goodness for this forum, it got me back on track. Be well!
I'm honored i think...
try a bbq guru or digiq or cyberq all avail from amazon and have reviews on here. i never use one and you may want to start without one.

Get a good therm...DO NOT use the thermometer on the WSM it is not accurate. first buy a a good therm with probes (preferably from a smf sponsor) I have a thermapro but there are others. Your WSM should have a rubber port on the side towards the top for probes. put one through to put in the meat and the other stick in there so it is in the air not touching anything else and you can monitor your temps of the meat and smoker from across the house. most you can set alarms etc on them too.
Share your pics of your smokes and feel free ot PM me with any quetions and we can swap emails if you want.
Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky