Garlic Stuffed Porkchop, Fondant Potatoes and Grilled Green Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Garlic Stuffed Porkchop, Fondant Potatoes and Grilled Garlic Chili Green Beans

20230526_181637.jpg

Stuffed the thick cut pork chop with whole cloves of garlic

20230526_161719.jpg

Rubbed with a Garlic Pepper Rub

20230526_161956.jpg

Fondant potatoes - a whole potato shaped into a cylinder (normally made in the oven, but why not the grill) - Searing the ended in a bit of grapeseed oil

20230526_165714.jpg
20230526_165726.jpg

Butter, Thyme and Rosemary for the potatoes

20230526_171418.jpg

Fresh Green Beans in a "wok" on the grill - coated with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and whole cloves of garlic and Thai chilies

20230526_175136.jpg

Potatoes browned on the ends then the butter Thyme and rosemary added and basted throughout the cooking process (about 45 min)

20230526_175145.jpg

Getting a char on the green beans

20230526_175150.jpg

These potatoes come out like pillows on the inside of that crispy outside!

20230526_180307.jpg

Green beans getting some color

20230526_180421.jpg

Finished and ready for plating

20230526_181316.jpg

Smoked to an IT of 145

20230526_181320.jpg

20230526_181637.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man! As i read and scrolled along my mouth just watered more and more. Great looking plate and those potatoes.....I have got to try them.

Jim

Reactions: kilo charlie
Oh man! As i read and scrolled along my mouth just watered more and more. Great looking plate and those potatoes.....I have got to try them.

Jim
They take a little extra effort with the shaping etc, but they are SO worth it! Thank you and I hope you get to try them soon!

Reactions: JLeonard
Beautifully done! The chops sound really great, and those potatoes............I'm definitely gonna try a batch of them!! The grilled beans I can live without, but that's just me.
Gary

The pork was awesome! I am a HUGE fan of the garlic and black pepper flavors and pork! The potatoes are TOTALLY worth the effort! I hope you guys post yours up too!

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Simply amazing looking meal! I'm loving those beans.

Thank you! The beans are fantastic and have been made several times since. The last ones had the garlic, Thai Chilies and a sliced up Serrano in them! Gives them a nice little kick!

Reactions: Steve H
Now that is a great looking plate , and I,m in for the
potatoes ( I,m with GaryHibbert GaryHibbert , I can eat the beans raw, also that is just me. )

David

The potatoes are definitely awesome! Honestly each thing is pretty awesome by itself so combining them together makes for a great meal!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Absolutely stunning!! Just a beautiful plate and a very nice presentation. Gotta say though, the taters are amazing looking but they look like massive scallops. Love them though!!

Robert

Reactions: kilo charlie
Absolutely stunning!! Just a beautiful plate and a very nice presentation. Gotta say though, the taters are amazing looking but they look like massive scallops. Love them though!!

Robert

Thank you! And yeah, they do have that scallop shape! And like scallops, sorta crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky