Garlic Confit Garlic Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Garlic Confit Garlic Bread

Start with a cup of Olive Oil (more may be needed to cover garlic cloves) and a pile of whole peeled garlic cloves with the ends trimmed. These go in a pot on the stove at a simmer for about 30 minutes. You'll know when they're done as they float to the top. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.

20220118_165536.jpg

Half of a stick of butter (it's melted in this picture but I've since learned that softened butter works better)

20220204_175212.jpg

Remove the garlic cloves from the oil and reserve the oil for another time.
Add in some fresh chopped Parsley, some shredded Parmesan Cheese, the garlic cloves and some salt and pepper to taste.

20220204_175256.jpg

Mix it all together to form a paste.

20220204_175516.jpg

Turn on the broiler to low and spread the mix over some freshly sliced bread and put under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes

20220118_175651.jpg

Always make extra because you'll want to sample it before your meal!

20220118_180017.jpg

The obligatory plated picture with homemade Mashed Potatoes and some Pork Riblets. (The pork riblets are a whole other story haha)

20220118_175934.jpg

Wow KC!! That bread looks absolutely to die for. As much Italian food as we eat around here I could see myself making the mixture a quart at a time, keeping it in the fridge, and having it on hand at all times. I am impressed!!

Robert

I love doing compound butters and storing them in the freezer, so this I need to try! The confit and the bread look delicious. Would this freeze well?

Reactions: kilo charlie
Nothing better than garlic bread. That’s a great method. Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you!

Nice! Like the methods here. Thanks for sharing

Thank you!

Man that looks awesome! Thank you for sharing the method, beautiful!

Thank you!

Wow KC!! That bread looks absolutely to die for. As much Italian food as we eat around here I could see myself making the mixture a quart at a time, keeping it in the fridge, and having it on hand at all times. I am impressed!!

Robert

Thank you!

I love garlic confit. We always keep a jar handy.

What else do you do with it?

I love doing compound butters and storing them in the freezer, so this I need to try! The confit and the bread look delicious. Would this freeze well?

Thank you!
I honestly don't know about freezing it.

Killer. I've always roasted the garlic, have to try the oil. I'd imagine you could keep reusing the oil if stored properly...

Thank you!

The garlic definitely flavors the oil so the oil can be used for other things... don't see why you couldn't reuse the oil for another batch of garlic either.

What else do you do with it?
We buy these little pita dippers and spread them on there.

They can also be used pretty much anywhere you could use roasted garlic. We put them in mashed potatoes, pizza, and tossed salads.

But our all time favorite is a dip. We spread goat cheese in a shallow dish and top it with the garlic, sundried tomatoes, capers, and drizzle it with the olive oil. Warm it in the oven and die happy.

Love the garlic confit idea. I’m going to have to whip up a batch.

Thank you! Let me know what ya think!

We buy these little pita dippers and spread them on there.

They can also be used pretty much anywhere you could use roasted garlic. We put them in mashed potatoes, pizza, and tossed salads.

But our all time favorite is a dip. We spread goat cheese in a shallow dish and top it with the garlic, sundried tomatoes, capers, and drizzle it with the olive oil. Warm it in the oven and die happy.

All of that sounds fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

Charlie , that looks fantastic . My Son does a version but uses mayo in place of the butter .
I'll have to try the confit garlic .

Charlie , that looks fantastic . My Son does a version but uses mayo in place of the butter .
I'll have to try the confit garlic .

Thank you !
The mayo sounds interesting...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky