"Franks red hot injected" wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrod62

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Jun 13, 2011
New Athens IL
I got this from Dave (S2K9K) Here a link to his tread.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/119306/chicken-wings-buffalo-style-pictures-are-back

I went with straight Franks Red Hot Sauce in mine.

Filling up the wings with the sauce. Then I put Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning on them.

smoke them around 300.

Also made some leg quarters that was on sale for $.59lbs. Did Chef JJ's chicken brine on them.

Did these a few weeks ago. The wings was nice and hot. Just the way I like them.

Thanks for looking.

Those are looking darn good. I'm hooked on that recipe. I still like the creole butter mixed in and I use Zatarain's Creole Seasoning. It has a bit less salt. I also toss them on the grill for a couple minutes to crisp the skin a little more.

Looking good!
Thanks,
Those are looking darn good. I'm hooked on that recipe. I still like the creole butter mixed in and I use Zatarain's Creole Seasoning. It has a bit less salt. I also toss them on the grill for a couple minutes to crisp the skin a little more.
I was going to do the creole butter/hot sauce mix. But forgot to mix it before injecting them. And the  Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning does have to much salt. Will change that to something

else next time.
Looks like they came out great - 
They turn out great. Love the hot sauce injected into the wings

The wings look Great Ed!!!! Butter garlic sounds good, I'll have to try that!

I've been using ChefJimmyJ's Original BubbaQ Rub and bump up the cayenne in it and it is really good with no salt!

I love Tony C's until I read it is 80% salt and I really don't need to be eating a lot of salt.

Last edited:
The wings look Great Ed!!!! Butter garlic sounds good, I'll have to try that!
I've been using ChefJimmyJ's Original BubbaQ Rub and bump up the cayenne in it and it is really good with no salt!
I love Tony C's until I read it is 80% salt and I really don't need to be eating a lot of salt.
Thanks,
I will have to try Chef JJ's BubbaQ Rub.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky