Forgive me, for I have sinned..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

andywhite

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Fort Worth, TX.
..The weather forecasters keep telling me it's going to rain, and it never does.

I prepared two briskets in my Dutch oven (consecutively). 12 hours each, at 225 degrees.

They're fall-apart tender and ready to be made into chopped brisket sandwiches for the 25th anniversary party Saturday.

The rub and marinade make for a great flavor.

Alas, all they're missing is the hint of smoke.

I could think about absolution if I saw some qview anyway........
icon_mrgreen.gif

If you want rain, move to Kansas, it won't take long to Homesick for good old DRY TEXAS...
icon_mrgreen.gif

The Briskets Sound Great...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I'm with Caveman here on this one and I think we could forgive you if there was some Qview. But don't let it happen again..........

Well Andy, being a fellow sufferer of castironitis, I can forgive you for using your d.o.'s. Nice thing about them ol' black pots is that they keep everything nice and moist.

Besides, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

That's a good idea, Hoser. If I have time, I'll try that. Will definitely try that some time down the road. Would like to have experience at it.

Heres something I did with a friend in my Dutch oven. Next week when I get back home Im gonna do one in my DO in my smoker!

frankfurter crown roast

Here's what's going on with the brisket now.

(Notice the "thin blue smoke," by the way.)

I thawed 'em out yesterday. Today they're getting some smoke flavor. Afterward, I'll prepare 'em for chopped brisket sandwiches for the party tonight!

smoker20100515a.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky