My turn for Meatloaf - Keto Friendly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
So many nice meatloafs posted lately leaving me with a craving. Finally had some time to spend in the kitchen. I’d have smoked these for sure if I’d realized we weren’t in for another day of 50 mph winds. With wet wood and not being prepared it was the oven today. Here we go first up 6 local farm fresh eggs
1C67F201-7F11-4D32-9BDD-99AC637105F4.jpeg
3393C01F-3EC2-42B0-9AA7-BD6CABC97976.jpeg
6 T Worcestershire sauce
B05B6FDA-171D-4A1D-A2FB-A7FF79EFAA31.jpeg
9 oz tomato paste
D5D0117A-BE32-4979-80C5-08D09D8508CC.jpeg
3 T Italian seasoning
F91CCC93-402D-46A8-A3B2-B27CF833C9B3.jpeg
3T salt and 1T black pepper. I used this Smokin It in place of salt. It’s a mesquite smoke salt with some msg.
C412B209-6F2A-4948-9A52-888CC11C469C.jpeg
Whisk together in preparation of adding to meat.
14041799-C5EA-4A54-BAEB-51CE5B37D9A8.jpeg
1 large sweet onion and one medium bell pepper fairly finely chopped.
683F4296-BE49-40E6-9A87-22506A56E6BE.jpeg
24 cloves cheater pre minced garlic
853CC3C1-5FD5-4624-B557-23F982159F83.jpeg
2 cups almond flour
F5D2FA61-2A84-4846-A711-EDCC01C9B6A9.jpeg
Now the meat 4 lbs of ground beef and 2 lbs country sausage
6F493837-8B77-4801-971F-C79F6279ED2C.jpeg
Hand mixed and formed into to loaves.
437F630C-871B-492F-AAB2-3F43BCCECF69.jpeg
Oven set to 350F , here they are at about an hour. I tented with foil at this point.
1801E6DF-99B6-4710-94CE-138C8F6D5169.jpeg
I winged it on the glaze of sugarfree Ketchup , 3 oz tomato paste and a good amount of Brown Swerve until I liked taste and consistency. Glazed with about 15 minutes left to go. Finished at about 2 hours. Here is one of the loaves and a sliced shot. Pretty moist and tasty. Next time I’ll likely add another 1 or 2 tablespoon of salt but overall happy. I’ll test fry to get the salt dialed in.
641470A8-5622-49FF-909D-186FA7C591DB.jpeg
675095B6-F03B-44F4-A2EC-68E96C705B77.jpeg
Thanks for looking! I’ll be doing some sandwiches this week with Aunt Millie’s carb smart bread, sugar free bread and butter pickles and Colby cheese.

Last edited:
Oh yeah ,, looks great . I was gonna do meatloaf today , but opted out for petite tenders .
Nice work .

Our wind stopped yesterday afternoon . You're right though . way to strong to light a fire .

Reactions: jcam222
Oh yeah ,, looks great . I was gonna do meatloaf today , but opted out for petite tenders .
Nice work .

Our wind stopped yesterday afternoon . You're right though . way to strong to light a fire .
Yea, sure wish I’d have planned ahead. Really love smoking them

Reactions: chopsaw
I hear you on the wind. Finally ready to fish and the wind is crazy here in the spring. Those meatloaf's look really good. I getting another round of those vortex ribs going. Man it is going to be hard to go back to smoked ribs!

So many nice meatloafs posted lately leaving me with a craving. Finally had some time to spend in the kitchen. I’d have smoked these for sure if I’d realized we weren’t in for another day of 50 mph winds. With wet wood and not being prepared it was the oven today. Here we go first up 6 local farm fresh eggs View attachment 661869View attachment 6618706 T Worcestershire sauceView attachment 6618719 oz tomato paste View attachment 6618723 T Italian seasoningView attachment 6618733T salt and 1T black pepper. I used this Smokin It in place of salt. It’s a mesquite smoke salt with some msg. View attachment 661874Whisk together in preparation of adding to meat. View attachment 6618751 large sweet onion and one medium bell pepper fairly finely chopped. View attachment 66187624 cloves cheater pre minced garlic View attachment 6618772 cups almond flour View attachment 661878Now the meat 4 lbs of ground beef and 2 lbs country sausage View attachment 661880Hand mixed and formed into to loaves. View attachment 661881Oven set to 350F , here they are at about an hour. I tented with foil at this point. View attachment 661882I winged it on the glaze of sugarfree Ketchup , 3 oz tomato paste and a good amount of Brown Swerve until I liked taste and consistency. Glazed with about 15 minutes left to go. Finished at about 2 hours. Here is one of the loaves and a sliced shot. Pretty moist and tasty. Next time I’ll likely add another 1 or 2 tablespoon of salt but overall happy. I’ll test fry to get the salt dialed in. View attachment 661883View attachment 661884Thanks for looking! I’ll be doing some sandwiches this week with Aunt Millie’s carb smart bread, sugar free bread and butter pickles and Colby cheese.
Looks tasty!

Some good looking meatloaf Jeff, it looks delicious! Ever since I smoked a meatloaf, I never went back to the oven again but it sounds like you had a pretty good hankering, and you definitely scratched that itch!

Órale! Congratulations on the ride. Is that rub local or can it be sourced nationwide. Had never heard or seen it before. But I like it.

Looks fantastic from here !!
Thanks! Turned out pretty good
Nice work .

Steaks sound great too! Yea most time the last month I’ve had time to smoke it’s either been raining, blowing or both
Hear hear ! ... that looks like a winner !
Thank you
Thanks
I hear you on the wind. Finally ready to fish and the wind is crazy here in the spring. Those meatloaf's look really good. I getting another round of those vortex ribs going. Man it is going to be hard to go back to smoked ribs!
Thanks Brian
Looks tasty!
Thanks
The Loaf of Life, absolutely phenomenal work Jeff! RAY
Thanks Ray
Looks really good. The name of the seasoning is one of the best I’ve heard lol
Thanks! They have a pretty interesting lineup. I won a case of their seasonings about a year ago. I really like keeping this one around as it’s mostly a mesquite smoked salt with msg. Handy for many things
Some good looking meatloaf Jeff, it looks delicious! Ever since I smoked a meatloaf, I never went back to the oven again but it sounds like you had a pretty good hankering, and you definitely scratched that itch!
Thanks Joe! 100% smoking would have been far better
Absolutely gorgeous!

Jim
Thanks Jim
I will be anticipating those sugar free bread and butter pickles .
Love them on a meatloaf sandwich , Meijers has a store brand. This year when I make my own I’m going to learn to can them
Órale! Congratulations on the ride. Is that rub local or can it be sourced nationwide. Had never heard or seen it before. But I like it.
Thanks , it can be ordered on line I think. They are out of Texas. My buddy locally owns Redbeard Seasonings as well. He has a lineup that’s been winning a ton of awards. Donates a portion to Wounded Warrior as well. He has an online site. Check him out.

Looks fantastic Jeff, great looking loves. Love the not cut shot, beautiful colours
been a couple months for a meatloaf up here , so will have to do one soon.

( Just me but that is a lot of garlic, maybe just for me lol )

And the winds here last couple days have been very strong, but took 99% of the snow , so hope that's is for this year.

David

now i want meatloaf...
Exactly what the forum did to me and does often lol
Looks good!
Thanks Peachey
Looks fantastic Jeff, great looking loves. Love the not cut shot, beautiful colours
been a couple months for a meatloaf up here , so will have to do one soon.

( Just me but that is a lot of garlic, maybe just for me lol )

And the winds here last couple days have been very strong, but took 99% of the snow , so hope that's is for this year.

David
Thanks David! I adapted this from someone else’s recipe and thought the same but went with it. I think if one used fresh mince you might cut it some.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky