FNG from Kansas says Howdy to all

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by waysideranch, Apr 18, 2008.

1. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello. Been smoking meat for a while but need to learn more about the spices, brining, sausage making. We smoke deer, beef, chicken, pheasant, turkey and of course pork. Goat is next but real unsure about it. I'm glad I finally found a site like this. Thanks.

2. jseiber

jseiber Fire Starter

Hi Scott,

Welcome to SMF

3. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

Welcome aboard mate. Lotsa very knowledgable folks here. Stop by the Chatroom also

Mick

4. davidmcg

davidmcg Meat Mopper

Hey Scott, nice to have you here. Bring on some of that smoked pheasant and wild turkey. I have never got the knack of doing birds. It is great to have another Kansan hear, even though your out there in Wildcat territory. If you ever get over here to McLouth your welcome to stop by. Heck give me a few days notice and I'll smoke us up a meal and share stories with ya. Oh yea, "rock, chalk, Jayhawk"!

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome WR great place around here with lots of good info and friendly people. Remember we like Qview

6. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard glad to have ya!

7. waysideranch

Davidmcg,

They are having a bbq cookoff today over at the football stadium. Smoke is in the air. Smells so da*n good. Been thru McLouth but thats it.

8. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF family, Scott!

You've come to the right place to learn about everything you've mentioned. Sounds like you can share quite a bit as well. Look forward to your future posts and remember, we all love q-vue. [​IMG]

9. Welcome aboard Scott to SMF,hope you enjoy yourself here.This is a great forum to be in.

10. davidmcg

davidmcg Meat Mopper

Hey Wayside, you should to come up here to McLouth in June to the McLouth Blow-OUt -- The NE Kansas BBQ Championship.

11. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Wayside!

12. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

hey FNG gald ta have on board get some more of us here and we all will make the ole wheat state smell good with lots of tbs

13. ajthepoolman

ajthepoolman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome from Topeka! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!!! 2008 National Champions you know!

14. waysideranch

Thanks poolman. Can't say i care for the chihawks but congrats. Our tailgates sure would be sweeter if our guys could pull their heads out.

15. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to our side of the smoke wayside...............lol............Great to have you here.........

16. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

cats or hawks root for both just kansas blood