First whole bird on the grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Usually I just throw pieces over direct heat but I decided to try the whole chicken over indirect heat in my Weber kettle. A simple salt and pepper seasoning that probably could have been used more liberally.

It turned out pretty awesome, loved the color and the dark meat was perfect. The white meat was just ever so slightly over temp which I blame on my older thermapro. Regardless it still had a juicy profile and was even better when hit with some Cholula green pepper sauce.

Room for improvement for sure but we still enjoyed it. Thinking either a brine and/or some wood chips over the coals next time.

4B3D7019-607D-44F3-A6DC-900DE867F6D8.jpeg
1DE98F6E-EF36-4617-A7E3-098FA81CD030.jpeg

Reactions: smokerjim
JCAP JCAP
Good looking grilled Yardbird ya have there,nice cook.

Happy Bird... Bwahahaha!
I've always thought it funny that we portray the critters as being happy about being eaten, or eating their own.
but aren't they, got to watch we don't give the tree huggers any ammo!:emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky