First time smoking-pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwhite82986

Original poster
May 5, 2017
Just threw a loin for my first smoke. Took a risk and put it on at around 320 because I figured it wasn't coming back down. I'm using a cheaper smoker my mom got a couple years ago that doesn't have the best temp controls, so I think when I upgrade in a few months it won't run away as much...had vents barely cracked . It's settled back down to around 300 and got my probe set for 145...at which point I will foil it and let it rest about 15 minutes

It settled down to around 260 for the last hour....was going good until the fat split and cracked for the last 5 degrees causing a loss in juices. Crust was great but very little flavor on the inside. Trying an injection next time

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky