First. Time smoking a turkey.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ismokeforfun

Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Dover NH
Did my first turkey today. It was a 16 lbs. I want to thanks everyone for all the tips. I injected it with roasted garlic and pepper Corn marinade. And Jeff's basic rub. Being in NH the temps outside at 3:00 am was 29 degrees. I turned my master built up as high as it would go 275 the best I could get was 268. We reached the safe zone within the 4 hr window. After that I turned it down to 225. It was don in 6.5 hrs. Every one loved it

Sounds great. Congrats on the first turkey smoke.... Keep it going..

They have a saying around here. No Q-View! It never happened!....

Code:
Unless you use the tap talk app your not able too.... Some members use Potobucket Web Site for storage, that way you have a URL, but even that on an iPad is a pain.....

I do not like posting from my iPad, it is very challenging at best. When I do my posts I will type them in Microsoft Word, copy, paste into the thread I am starting and then insert the pictures. Once they are uploaded I will move them around.

Last edited:
Looks yummy!

I prefer to use my desktop PC for photo editing and posting, but with tapatalk it is possible from my android phone.

The turkey looks awesome!

Phoned in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky