First run with the amnsp first run on new mes 40 and first FATTY with (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

veritas

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Wisconsin
Seasoned my new MES 40 and amnsp last night. Spent the morning trying to decide what to make my maiden smoke voyage with and Decided to make my first Fatty's.  Made cheese burger fatty's using pepper jack some rub and threw some polish and Hungarian sausage on as well.  Ran 225 for about 4 hours with hickory pellets in the amnsp until the fattys hit 164.  Everything turned out really tasty. I think I had a little to much air flow and went through my pellets a little faster than expected.  Ended up adding some cherry wood chips during the last hour.

7e0d88a3_fattyroll.jpg
e8223f89_fattyrollpepperjack2.jpg
90ad296d_fattyrollpepperjack.jpg
04bd6677_baconweave.jpg
cdd56a64_fatty.jpg
7a50f877_fatties.jpg
a0cb5168_smoking.jpg
2f1a1e20_finishedfatty.jpg
f66d98f0_cutfatty.jpg
f956c328_upandrunning.jpg
83a26760_sausages.jpg

Your fatties look great..

Super Yummy..
drool.gif

Great way to break in a smoker..

Phil

P.S. The sausage doesn't look bad either.. lol

Thanks I figured the fatty would be hard to mess up and with a pound of bacon on each one I couldn't imagine it not tasting good.  Seemed like a good first run.

Veritas, morning....  Lookin' good....   I suppose you are already thinking about your next smoked goodness.... Lookin' at fatties makes me hungry...   Dave

Veritas, morning....  Lookin' good....   I suppose you are already thinking about your next smoked goodness.... Lookin' at fatties makes me hungry...   Dave

Yup going to throw a pork loin or a chicken in next!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky