First real snow tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We got a couple inches the other night, here in Colorado. But I feel like our totals are lower this year. At least in my area. Stay warm.

Last edited:
I've been in Flagstaff through some crazy storms. It can get interesting lol
Yes it can. One time we were in Phoenix trying to get back to Colorado. It snowed big time in Flagstaff. Big trucks were jackknifed on the pass and it was bad. Only way out was driving to Vegas then home. Screw that just went back to Phoenix and got a room, nothing but rain there. Next day waited a bit, had breakfast, let the sun come out, then we went up again. They had closed the highway over night. Once we got up to Flagstaff, the snow was 2 feet deep maybe 6” more but wow, all that just overnight. That desert run was crazy frozen and ice as well.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Yep, and that hwy is trashed too. At leat between Camp Verde & Flagstaff

What sucks is that it's going to be heavy and wet with gusts to 45mph.

Yes once it is done pooping on you guys , it is headed for us tonight and all day Wednesday,

My little snowblower is getting its workout the last 3 weeks, like on the prices Right . " That's Too Much "

David

Yes once it is done pooping on you guys , it is headed for us tonight and all day Wednesday,

My little snowblower is getting its workout the last 3 weeks, like on the prices Right . " That's Too Much "

David
Right now it's fairly warm so it really isn't sticking to much yet,but that is apparently going to change.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Snow was almost gone in my neck of the woods. Had a little dusting yesterday that I used the push broom to clear off the walkways. No real big storms slated for two weeks. I figure March is going to come roaring in and dump a poop load on us. Never seen a year with no snow in Feb.
My snowblower sits in the garage with the same tank of gas I started out with this winter.

Reactions: JLeonard
Watch your trees! That wet heavy stuff is not kind to older trees, and wind gusts don't help (unless its keeping it off the trees). My 2 river birches have peppered my yard with branches, but it gives the squirrels something to play with lol. Though I don't think they will be building their nests in the birches again anytime soon.

:emoji_snowflake:☃️❄️:emoji_snowman:🎿⛷️

Have fun in the snow. It won't last for ever. LOL
screenshot-www.theweathernetwork.com-2024.02.13-11_11_13.png

It's been a mild winter here in PNW so far. In fact, our snow pack in the mountains (where our water comes from) is only at 31% of normal for this time of year. It's going to be a dry summer.

Reactions: crazymoon
Looks like it just stopped here in lower NY, appears to be around 9". Now need to clear a path to the hot tub for this eve.

Reactions: Colin1230
Weathers been weird up here in the interior of Alaska. Last Sunday (the 11th) it warmed up to 20 above, the previous Sunday (the 4th) is was 49 below, 69 degree temp swing in a week. It is suppose to get above freezing today and tomorrow, that's really going to do a number on the roads. Hopefully it won't rain, that always causes a mess.

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky