first post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

topbud

Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
greetings. A few years ago for thanksgiving me and 2 buddies volunteered to smoke the turkey. We did it on a charcoal smoker and started a tradition. It was awesome. Since then we are the smokers. We have smoked briskets, turkey and pork. All has been good. I just recentlty found a holland classic II in the craigslist for $150 used once. I jumped on it and it has been a new learning experience. It is fun, so I started looking at people's recipes and here I am. Hopefully one day we will share a smoke. I reside in Flagstaff AZ at 7000 feet. I also enjoy air cooled VW's and BMW motorcycles and the outdoors.

Hello Topbud,

Welcome to the SMF! Lots of great info and people here to give you a hand if needed.

Welcome to the forum.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Born and raised just down the road in Phoenix, but have not lived there for sometime now. Beautiful area up around Flagstaff, I wish I could get back out that way.

welcome aboard! visited out there for two weeks about 10 years back for work...Stayed in Scottsdale the first week, the second week went out there had a friend from work going the same week so we got together and planned a few trips and they were awesome. First weekend up in Sedona, during the weeked we did the touristy Raw Hide cow town, sunset horseback riding through the desert and ate at a few awesome restaurants. 2nd weekend we drove up to the grand canyon and did a white water excursion that was awesome!! Arizona is beautiful and a different desert than any I had been in before! (3)

Welcome to our humble abode, glad you found us!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Looking forward to your posts and pictures (Q-view).

Ask, share, have fun!

Howdy Topbud,
I am new but welcome ....everyone here is awesome....I just did my first smoke last weekend and I couldn't have done it without everyones help. Neat palce to be. Good luck and good smokin!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky