It Was A Crappie Day...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've read some about that and having no experience with it, here's my thoughts. If everyone has it, what difference does it make? Yes, some people will be better at using it and understanding it, but it's not like everyone can't have it. Just think about how the Super 60 changed fishing and later, paper graphs, then what we have now. Then came GPS, advanced trolling motors, and anchoring systems such as Power Pole. They've all had a major impact on fishing and catching, but there still seems to be plenty of fish. As long as fishing regulations are sufficient and adjusted as necessary, I don't see anything changing...

I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I've got a wonder if it won't further diminish tournaments. And here's how .......

It takes a person several years on the water to develop skills to successfully compete. He's gotta learn to find fish and then learn to catch'em during all seasons of the year.

Compare that to how long it takes to learn the forward sonar ? What I understand, is there's a learning curve. Its not as easy as seeing fish on a screen, casting to it, and catching it.

But I gotta think it can shortcut the learning and it doesn't take as much skill.

To me, it reduces the skill level necessary and thus, minimizes the sport of tournament bass fishing.

Wow Charles! Been a long time since I had any. There a local guide I been wanting to go with. He has raised his price to $500 for two now which I understand. Still would like to go but looks like he fishing lake eufaula now which is farther than I would like to drive. I would like to have a couple to keep whole and throw on the grill.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Nice fish, they are the best eating fresh water fish, in my book. I've never tried walleye, we don't have them around here. We have some great crappie lakes and rivers out here though.

Nice school of crappie Charles, would love a feed of fresh fish right now,
Any day with fishing is a better day then not .

I have been watching our lake slowly open up from the ice for the last 5 days, ice all gone by Tuesday. Can't drop my line in until April 15th I think.
Trout are there first than out come the Smallmouth .

David

Thanks folks. I am fortunate to have had this opportunity and very grateful...
I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I've got a wonder if it won't further diminish tournaments. And here's how .......

It takes a person several years on the water to develop skills to successfully compete. He's gotta learn to find fish and then learn to catch'em during all seasons of the year.

Compare that to how long it takes to learn the forward sonar ? What I understand, is there's a learning curve. Its not as easy as seeing fish on a screen, casting to it, and catching it.

But I gotta think it can shortcut the learning and it doesn't take as much skill.

To me, it reduces the skill level necessary and thus, minimizes the sport of tournament bass fishing.
As an old bass fisherman for many, many years, I can't disagree...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky