From the other side of the World....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tncastaway

Original poster
Jan 17, 2019
Guam
Hafa Adai (Greetings) from the beautiful tropical island of Guam. A lifetime griller, I started my smoking lifestyle about four years ago when I got my first Traeger, then my wife gifted the Ironwood 885 for Christmas last year...she's the biggest fan of my cooking! With an average temperature in the 80's, year round smoking is the reality here. Getting quality meats can sometime be a problem, fortunately we have military commissaries on both the Navy and Air Force bases here (retired Air Force). Anyone ever over this way, give a shout!

Welcome from Mississippi! And of course, thank you for your service. Look forward to your posts and pics. Share up a few of the land you call home.

Jim

Reactions: Tncastaway
Welcome from Nova Scotia

Enjoy the fun and we love a little show and tell.

I would love that temp all the time , Snow tonight and -2 "C " tonight

David
Brrr...I was in the Baltimore, Maryland area last week and thought the early morning temps were freezing. Have to return in late January, and certainly not looking forward to the weather!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Brrr...I was in the Baltimore, Maryland area last week and thought the early morning temps were freezing. Have to return in late January, and certainly not looking forward to the weather!

Yes that would be a shock, but knowing you are headed back to warm weather , you can deal with it for a bit

Did not get the snow yesterday. Coming today instead with 1 deg. " C ", Saturday it was 21 , working in just a t shirt and jeans. Winters coming

David

Reactions: Tncastaway
Welcome to the forum from a Minnesotan lost in Florida for the winter.

Your handle suggests you are a Tennessee native lost in Guam and you already posted as retired from the Air Force.
Hmm you married a local?
My daughter's best friend in HS has a Guamanian grand mother and the extended family came for many days to prepare a feast for the graduation reception. I couldn't get enough and had a big to go plate.

Welcome to the forum from a Minnesotan lost in Florida for the winter.

Your handle suggests you are a Tennessee native lost in Guam and you already posted as retired from the Air Force.
Hmm you married a local?
My daughter's best friend in HS has a Guamanian grand mother and the extended family came for many days to prepare a feast for the graduation reception. I couldn't get enough and had a big to go plate.
My wife is from Palau, came to Guam in the early 80’s to attend the University of Guam, then stayed as a teacher. If there’s one thing we do well it’s eat, and feed other people.

Reactions: Fueling Around
I retired from the Air Force after 26 years, now work for the Coast Guard as a Federal Civilian. I’ve also worked for the Navy, and the Army for a year at Bagram, Afghanistan.

I imagine when you went to Baltimore for work you went to the CG yard then? That’s where I’m Stationed now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky