First for Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nichiowa

Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
First of all this batch is kicking my butt. It is a 25lb LEM Summer Sausage kit with 70/30 venison/pork. I put 8-52mm logs in the oven yesterday at 2 pm @ 170. We went to bed at 11 with an IT of 126. I wake up at 7 and the oven turned itself off. The IT was 92. I started the oven at 170 again and am now waiting for an IT of 165. Do I scrap it, or does the cure save me no matter how long it takes?

The cure saved you. Nothing to worry about. Finish in a hot water bath, way faster than the oven...JJ

How do I finish with a hot water bath? And is there any concern of the holes that have been poked to check temp? Sorry for the questions, this is very new to me.

Nah holes wont matter. Love that Avatar !!

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky