Finally Got The Smoker Done!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gibsonsmoke

Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Charlotte,NC
So folks finally got my first smoker prototype, first DIY project done!! After 2 long weeks of work,mistakes, money, youtube videos and my wife yelling about how much time I spent working on the smoker I think it was a success.  After the first barbecue my wife, brothers and friends feel the same. But anyway here are some pics of the build and "q-view".

FYI never touched a welder or angle grinder in my life might not be pretty but everything is stable....thanks Youtube.

First some specs:

55 gallon drum- Craigslist

Chargriller SFB-Lowes

Flatbar around door

Smokestack 4" aluminum pipe with elbow ext- sealed w/ High-Temp RTV

Grate- Expanded Metal and square tubing

Rack for grate angle iron

Latch on left side of door- Harbor Frieght(Didnt need a latch for right side its sittin pretty flush.)

Charcoal Basket handmade expanded metal, no weld technique thanks Youtube

Stand a piece of junk i found in storage it sucks but works for right now until I can make a stand with wheels.

Paint- Rustoleum High Temp

I think thats it. I'd like to thank the Academy :) All the folks here on SMF that I gathered info from too many to mention and Youtube for teaching me how to weld, and use an angle grinder!
yahoo.gif

Photobucket Link to pics http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb454/rgibson000/

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky