Dutches wicked beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gotta love it
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif

That's one great thing about this place. Not only convienience, but perhaps you are hung on something time critical.

I had a deer to gut and butcher, and it was a bit warm that day. I had all the info AND a phone number from Texas Hunter in like 5 min!

Craig, you better make a couple pots of Dutch's beans if you want to eat any. Dude them bad boys are GOOD!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm serious, I always at LEAST double the recipe. I really didn't think I would like them as much as I did.Heck my wife HATES beans but loves them.

We love them although the wife has substituted the chunk pinaple over the recipe size. Also watch adding a whole jalapeno. We just used a half and did not core it out.
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif
Still on the hot side. Next try will take those seeds out and see how that goes.

My wife   "HATES"    everything I cook.  It is always crap.   She usually says that after her third plate of food.  I guess I am lucky that  way. 

If she liked anything   -   there would not be anything left for anyone else to eat. 

I am going to try these this weekend.  I think they will be good.  Thanks for the recipe

WICKED BAKED BEANS
(Beans that will even make Chili Heads happy)

6-8 strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares
1/2 Medium onion, diced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
1 - 2 Jalapeno Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
1 - 55 ounce can Bushs Baked Beans
1-8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard

Saute bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper until tender.

In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)

Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 - 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160° ) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.

NOTE: If you are making these beans as a side dish for Kansas City style pork ribs, smoke the removed skirt meat for 1-1 1/2 hours, then dice the skirt meat and stir into the Baked Beans.

DISCLAIMER

With the Jalapeno±o pepper and the dry mustard these beans have the potential for some MAJOR heat. CAUTION should be exercised when feeding these beans to small children and/or the elderly.

To make this recipe Family Friendly, omit the Jalapeno±o pepper and the dry mustard.

I use the larger 20 ounce can of pineapple.

Reactions: Binford 6100
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky