DIY Generic temperature controller for electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am in the process of wiring this Inkbird 106VH unit. I am using 110 power. I understand how to wire from power to the unit and to the probe. After all is said and done there are still 4 pins on the back of the controller with nothing connected. #1, #5, #11 and #12

Any idea why these are not used on 110v? Are they for a 220v hookup only?
Here is what I got from the Amazon pics:
1690673780450.png

I think you are ok. Let us know how it all turns out once it is running :D

BigJim1 BigJim1 On the 106vh, pins #1, #11, #12 are part of a relay providing common, normally open, normally closed pins so you can trigger some external device such as an alarm

You also mentioned pin #5 which is something used with Platinum Resistance Sensors in 2 wire or 3 wire configurations. That is not your usual K type thermocouple sensor.

This device is not capable of 220v operation to my knowledge

BigJim1 BigJim1 On the 106vh, pins #1, #11, #12 are part of a relay providing common, normally open, normally closed pins so you can trigger some external device such as an alarm

You also mentioned pin #5 which is something used with Platinum Resistance Sensors in 2 wire or 3 wire configurations. That is not your usual K type thermocouple sensor.

This device is not capable of 220v operation to my knowledge
I was hoping that the extra pins were add ons. This unit actually is 110 or 220. I just dropped that thermocouple in my cart I appreciate the information and link.

tallbm, that schematic is the same on the side of mine also.

I think I have a handle on the wiring now...I hope. lol I will post a photo after I get it up and running.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky