Covid is Real (Prayers needed)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the update Bear. Any positive news, no matter how small, is still Positive. That's all that matters at this time. We are all continuing to Pray and send good thoughts.
Cant say it better.
As Lincoln said, ‘I may walk slowly, but I never walk backwards.’
:emoji_pray:

Thanks Again Everybody!!
We're hoping to get an update today.
Stay Tuned.

Bear

Got my Update from My Sister "Lori" & Niece "Shelby" :
Jim's not relying as much on the Ventilator as he was. They might try to "wean" him off of the Ventilator soon.
They're gonna give him Dialysis again tomorrow, but it's not urgent this time.

Jim's two Daughters & their 3 Daughters went to the Hospital yesterday, and stood outside, just to be close to their Dad & Pop on Christmas. They'll tell him about it when he comes home. That should make him smile.

Thanks Again to All.

Bear

That's more positive news! Wonderful. Slow going, I know, but in the right direction. Let's keep up with the Prayers and positive thoughts everyone! Thanks for the update.

That's more positive news! Wonderful. Slow going, I know, but in the right direction. Let's keep up with the Prayers and positive thoughts everyone! Thanks for the update.

Thanks Mike!
Yeah, it's been tough. It's been over a week, since anybody could even talk with him on the phone, due to the Ventilator, and mostly being sedated all the time. He's been there for 12 days so far.
I can't even imagine how hard it can be, because in 2012 I was in the hospital for 28 days, but Mrs Bear was with me most of the day, every day.

Bear

Reactions: Fueling Around
So sorry to hear this Bear! Prayers sending your way. Almost everyone we know has gotten some form of it and everyone seems to be dealing with it differently. He sounds like a strong man so I'm sure he's going to pull through!

Thanks Mike!
Yeah, it's been tough. It's been over a week, since anybody could even talk with him on the phone, due to the Ventilator, and mostly being sedated all the time. He's been there for 12 days so far.
I can't even imagine how hard it can be, because in 2012 I was in the hospital for 28 days, but Mrs Bear was with me most of the day, every day.

Bear
I can't imagine how difficult it must be either. 2017 my Wife went in for 2 weeks for a bowel obstruction. Luckily I was able to stay in there with her the whole time. If it happened now, I'd be going crazy. Stay positive my friend.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be either. 2017 my Wife went in for 2 weeks for a bowel obstruction. Luckily I was able to stay in there with her the whole time. If it happened now, I'd be going crazy. Stay positive my friend.
That's basically my nightmare. Not being able to be with my wife or kids or them be with me if someone gets sick and hospitalized.

Bear, I feel for your nieces and grand nieces.

The worst part of Covid is the avoid or lack of contact.
The power of touch is amazing.

BTW
I'm John and my brother is Jim.
He's a Vietnam Vet, too.

Bear, I feel for your nieces and grand nieces.

The worst part of Covid is the avoid or lack of contact.
The power of touch is amazing.

BTW
I'm John and my brother is Jim.
He's a Vietnam Vet, too.

Hmmm, Now We have "Namesakes".
Well, since we are from a Pennsylvania Dutch family, when we were kids, our Grandmother called us "Chunny & Chimmy".

Bear

Reactions: Fueling Around
Update:
One setback. They are holding off on trying to wean him off of the Ventilator, because they suctioned blood out of Jim's stomach. They're trying to find where it's coming from.
They already cauterized way back inside his nose, but they think it might be coming from even farther back beyond where they cauterized it. There for awhile they thought it was a "Brain Bleed" that restarted from an old injury, when he was hit by a car 11 years ago.

Bear

Last edited:
Just got a new update. (Below) It's not good, but it includes what the main Dr had to say:
This is from my Niece, through my Sister (Both Nurses):

Bear

I just spoke to doctor Z. He called me after he finished rounds.

“I’m worried about him" is how the Dr started the conversation.

His hemoglobin dropped to 6 again and they are not sure why. They are transfusing again, as well as giving platelets as they are low as well. There is no clear sign of a bleed, they are getting GI docs to come see him as they don’t see a clear sign of a GI bleed. He still requires pressors to keep his blood pressure up. His inflammatory markers (ferritin, d dimer) remain elevated (cytokine storm) despite having gotten all available treatments for COVID
(Plasma, remdesivier, decadron) .

He’s on day 9 of the vent, and recovery is low but we are not giving up we will make more adjustments and see what we can do.

These are his exact words.

Dr Z hasn’t asked for a family meeting yet. That is what he will ask for if/when they absolutely feel there is nothing left to do, so that is the positive-- they are still doing everything they can and hopefully that they can help him if they can just figure out what is going on-- at this point he is a mystery. Which unfortunately is the problem with this disease. It’s a puzzle that changes quickly and attacks things differently and in many ways opposite of anything we normally expect.

I’m sorry i didn’t get better news.
Shelby

Thanks for the update, Bear. Our hearts and Prayers are with Jim, and your Family. Keep hoping for the best.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky