corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike g

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Has anyone ate corn on the cob and dried it. I read somewhere that you could it has a source of fuel to smoke food.

thank you
mike

You mean drying out and smoking with the cobb?
Never heard of that, would be interesting if it worked but I don't think I would be brave enough to try that one.

I've heard of using dried cobbs for fuel, but never for smoking. I recall hearing from different old timers using the cobbs and "fuel" and adding wood for the "smoke", but not utilizing the cobbs exclusively in the smokehouse.

Well dried cobbs will provide a clean natural fuel, and it makes sense that the heat and smoke would not impact the flavor you want on your meat.

I can remember when, in the early 1940s, my grandfather had a wood smokehouse (maybe 10 x 12) out back, and while I was too little to really know or care about the process, I know they used corn cobs for smoke.I think there was wood, too.

Careful with that ... not to be flippant, but .. you could do a search for "smoked ribs" and have recipes come up that tell you to boil the ribs and add liquid smoke ...
icon_eek.gif

Yup - dry them and put em in with your fire. Cook your food, eat, and enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky