St Louis bonus find.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
As Y'all probably know i frequent the meat market frequently. Last week they had a sign up "St Louis ribs $2.69/lb
I'm one of the assholes that will stand there and compare 10 slabs before picking one. I prefer St Louis because they are "pre-squared" andd I'm too lazy to trim off the floppy shit on regular spare ribs. Right at the bottom of the cooler I found this prize. Baby back thickness, squared off, and no bone through. Cooked on WSM which decided 237 was the temp of the day. Basic pork rub. B Sugar, Smoked Paprika, onion and garlic powder, chili powder, and a skosh of honey powder.
around 4-41/2 hours, no wrap, 190 poke temp.

st louis.jpg

I’d be right next to ya at the meat counter. If I’m gonna spend hours smoking something I want the best I can get. Looks like your find turned out great.

Jim

Reactions: mneeley490
Looks great to me. One thing for sure, I wouldn’t stand at the counter trying to figure out which bone to eat, it’d be more like smash and grab. Nice work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky