Conecuh Black Pepper Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Grabbed a bunch at the commissary today. Love this sausage. Great flavor and texture.

Goes great with just a little mustard on some crunchy French bread.

Would never have tried Conecuh had it not been for this forum.

Grabbed a bunch at the commissary today. Love this sausage. Great flavor and texture.

Goes great with just a little mustard on some crunchy French bread.

Would never have tried Conecuh had it not been for this forum.
Dang good stuff. It's a popular brand here in the south. They are even a Braves sponsor and you can get it in some of the concession stands at the ball park.

Reactions: bill ace 350
They sell Conecuh at the butcher around the corner but I don't recall black pepper. Hafta look next time I stop in.

Was just in Alabama brought back seven frozen packages of it with me but not the black pepper, hot and spicy, original and hickory smoked that’s all I can fit in the small ice chest bag in my luggage since I was flying. Had the breakfast sausage when I was there and that was real tasty to.

Haven't seen the BP yet bit love the all I've had. Try these too if you have a chance!
20240324_204514.jpg

Keith

I need to try some of the other flavors, but don't want to be disappointed!

The cracked black is sooo good....

There won't be any disappointment with any of those sausages imo the BP must be a new flavor as it only showed up about 8-12 months ago around my hood

There won't be any disappointment with any of those sausages imo the BP must be a new flavor as it only showed up about 8-12 months ago around my hood
Well I'll find out soon. Picked up more Cracked Pepper, some original and some hot and spicy at lunch.

When I got back a coworker gave me three cast iron skillets..One made in China, one in Tawain and the 3rd a Griswold! Great lunch break.

Attachments

• 20240325_124037.jpg
    20240325_124037.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 7
Well I'll find out soon. Picked up more Cracked Pepper, some original and some hot and spicy at lunch.

When I got back a coworker gave me three cast iron skillets..One made in China, one in Tawain and the 3rd a Griswold! Great lunch break.

Hope you like the other flavors i love the hot and spicy
Sounds like you definitely scored on skillets
Mike

That's a damn good price! Runs $6.50 at Walmart here in GA.

Bought one pack one time because I saw posts about it here. Tasted good, sure was fatty. Grease cooked out of it like bacon. I do think it would make excellent gumbo, as the flavor was great. I don't remember which one I tried, but it wasn't spicy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky