Clams and Wings - Vortex

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Buddy from when I lived out west has a place at Ocean Shores WA
Razor clam season going and he has been limiting out on every outing. I love west side buter clams and most anything from the east side, but once you've had a razor clam, well, it is the same with crab until you taste that first dungeness. All else just pales

Did the pictures show up in my post? That is a blue cutting board with a knife with a hole drilled through the tip of the blade, then bolted to the cutting board with 2 "L" brackets to make a crab guillotine.
We've been cutting them in half before steaming them for years. That way we can fit 70 crab into two pots and be done with it.
They take spices much better as well. We steam them in sea water laced with Old Bay, Bay leaves, a lot of diced garlic and split lemons.
I'm officially sick of crab for a few weeks now. Today is oyster day. YUM!!!
And my liver is going to need a vacation after my vacation. LOL!!!

Did the pictures show up in my post? That is a blue cutting board with a knife with a hole drilled through the tip of the blade, then bolted to the cutting board with 2 "L" brackets to make a crab guillotine.
We've been cutting them in half before steaming them for years. That way we can fit 70 crab into two pots and be done with it.
They take spices much better as well. We steam them in sea water laced with Old Bay, Bay leaves, a lot of diced garlic and split lemons.
I'm officially sick of crab for a few weeks now. Today is oyster day. YUM!!!
And my liver is going to need a vacation after my vacation. LOL!!!
It showed up with 1 picture, was able to zoom in and see the cutting board and knife set up. Pretty dang cool!

- Jason

yep I see it now. Our method wasn't as elegant. stand on the handle of a spade, grab legs and quickly plunge face of crab to business end
My brother-in-law is 100% German, he and my wife were raised by their mother and father, their father was a, you guessed it, a German machinist. Even when we were rough framing a duck blind, the measurements were called out in 64ths of an inch. I was a plumber and steamfitter, I had no idea what a 64th of an inch was. So over engineering things is in their blood, their dad made sure things were done to a "T", me quite the opposite. LOL!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky