Chuck roast today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

amlong88

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Boise, ID
Did a chuck today on the pit barrel. Didn't get any picks of it in the pit. But here are the ones before and after.

Out of the fridge
20180318_115159.jpg

The rub i used. It was a really flavorful rub and perfect for beef IMO.
20180318_115232.jpg

Rubbed
20180318_115544.jpg

After the smoke session. Took 6.5 hours total. Not sure of the Chuck but i was thinking 4-5lb range.
20180318_201146.jpg

Reactions: gmc2003
I did a couple yesterday too I am going to try to post it later on. I pulled mine at 208.

Was trying to get that falling apart effect like a pork butt.

I did a couple yesterday too I am going to try to post it later on. I pulled mine at 208.

Was trying to get that falling apart effect like a pork butt.
how was it taking it up that high? I normally pull butts at 203 but this one i was curious about doing it early. It pulled apart but wasn't falling apart.

Great looking chuck.....nice job!!
Thank you. I'll definitely be doing another one. It was really tasty.

I'm digging your claws. Where did you find those bad boys?
Thank you. I got them at home depot in store for about $10.

I had read on here I think SmokinAl or Bear said 208-210 is great for pulling chuck. Mine pulled apart pretty easily but it wasn't quite like a pork butt. I usually pull my butts 200-205 and let em sit in foil in a cooler for a couple hours and you can slide that bone out and it basically just falls apart. Wasn't quite the same but still good eatin!

I had read on here I think SmokinAl or Bear said 208-210 is great for pulling chuck. Mine pulled apart pretty easily but it wasn't quite like a pork butt. I usually pull my butts 200-205 and let em sit in foil in a cooler for a couple hours and you can slide that bone out and it basically just falls apart. Wasn't quite the same but still good eatin!
I'll take to 208 on the next chuck then. Thanks for that advice. Left myself wondering yesterday and didn't think about looking that up.

It's looks mighty tasty from my computer screen.

Point for sure.

Chris.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky