Chuck roast - Now with the Final photos.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It sure looks good, Case but what is this word "work" you refer to?

Points for taking us along on your SV journey!

Disco

Looks great but this looks like a fancy boiling bag deal to me and I never had a problem cooking great steaks.
biggrin.gif
So what am I missing with this SV thing??

Warren

Looks great but this looks like a fancy boiling bag deal to me and I never had a problem cooking great steaks. :biggrin: So what am I missing with this SV thing??

Warren

I have tried a couple of things in a homemade setup. Burgers turned out more juicy and perfect doneness, steaks were ok, but as of now, I much prefer the grill. The advantages I'm seeing are the ability to take from frozen to plate quickly in a rush, warming up leftovers, tastier vegetables, and juicier burgers. Others swear by it, though, so I come to this conclusion: One can make excellent food a variety of ways, this is one of them.

Well I'm glad it came out good for you Case!

It sure looks tender & juicy from here!

Looking forward to seeing how your steak turns out!

I think the best steak I have ever made to date was done in a CI pan with bacon grease, brown butter & Cajun seasoning.

Al

Looks tasty Chase! I'd tear that up! Did you notice any difference in taste or penetration of the Hendersons Relish or think it benefitted from the longer SV soak? Still gotta try that stuff.

... off to Amazon to get some!

Well I'm glad it came out good for you Case!

It sure looks tender & juicy from here!

Looking forward to seeing how your steak turns out!

I think the best steak I have ever made to date was done in a CI pan with bacon grease, brown butter & Cajun seasoning.

Al

Thanks Al!

Looks tasty Chase! I'd tear that up! Did you notice any difference in taste or penetration of the Hendersons Relish or think it benefitted from the longer SV soak? Still gotta try that stuff.
... off to Amazon to get some!

No real difference. I typically vacuum marinate so this was the same.

Henderson's Relish is tasty. We really like it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky