Chicken breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerlover

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
N.W. PA
I need some help. I'm trying a no fat, high protein diet which is basically chicken breast everyday. No cheese or any types of sugar or fats. I would like to smoke them for something different. Help please. They're boneless, skinless. What should my process be?

Is your diet also low salt? Just getting a feel for your target.

First thought is heavy on the poultry seasoning. Indirect grill on a kettle with a smoke tube.

I cut breast out of whole turkeys or chickens . Completely debone , tie it together and smoke it . I leave the skin on to keep the surface moist . I season under the skin , then remove it at the end .
20221218_095000.jpg
20221218_182842.jpg
I do Pop's brine with 1 tsp of lemon extract to the gallon . 1/2 cup salt , you could drop the sugar .
If you have skinless single breast you could tie them together , or wrap in cheese cloth and tie them . If you stack boneless breast go thick to thin with the cut sides facing each other .
This is turkey , but all the same idea . Use the technique and season for what you want .
This was done for sandwiches , but you could slice it thicker .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Pound it thin, marinate in pickle juice, give it an egg wash, flour and breading treatment. Then high indirect heat on the grill. I make chicken parmesan this way. You can skip the cheese and tomato sauce and use whatever you like for a sauce. It comes out real good.

1695460306688.png

1695460337813.png

Chris

Here's another Chicken Cordon Bleu. Now you'd have to skip the cheese.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky