Chicagoland Supplies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
are those the 10 lb. bags?

I have used that version of the RO and thought it was ok, at least it was better than Cowboy, or the stuff they sell at Sam's(Frontier I think)

I picked up a couple 17.6 lb bags of American RO lump @ RD for $7.91/ea.

Im ordering my pig Friday for the pigroast I have coming up in a few weeks. I was going to get it from Peoria Meatpacking in Chicago for about $90, but decided to go local, and buy it from Sages over in Morris, IL. Local, all natural pig, 90-100 lbs, prepped, butterflied, and trotters removed for about $150.

I cant wait to roast that pig in the La Caja.

Finally got over to the S & J Lisbon Meat locker yesterday. Chatted up the fella working there and purchased some of the house made brats, and beef/cheddar sticks.

Im thinking this will be a good source for 1/2 cows, pigs, etc. They will help hook you up with local livestock folks, and process the animal you purchase from them.

Its actually in Lisbon, not Newark.

It is Lisbon but if you try and look up the place it is listed under Newark, doesn't make sense.

We ordered a 1/2 hog and a rack of steaks from them. The hog is ready but the steaks have to age a week. We're picking it up in two weeks.

nice,

I think Ill be ordering something from them soon. looks like a whole hog would have cost me a little over $.90 / lb. vs the $1.58 I am paying @ Sages.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky