Charbroil Smoker Air Flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

terhaart2009

Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
I have an analog Charbroil Electric Smoker (the one at the link below)

I'm not having a ton of success getting the amount of smoke I would like to have. I believe the reason I'm not getting as much as I want is the lack of air flow to the smoker box. There is only one small hole in the bottom of the box and a tiny exhaust vent at the top of the back of the smoker. Could I solve my problem by drilling some 7/8 inch holes in the bottom and sides of my smoker? Or will this make it more difficult to maintain temperature inside of the smoker?

You arent going to get a ton of smoke flavor from the electric smoker. You could try using an AMNPS, or doing the mailbox mod like a lot use here. I dont have an electric but I have heard a ton with the same issue.

The AMNPS is the way to go. I was a slave to the chip tray on my MES...loading every 30-45 minutes while not getting great smoke. Switched to the AMNPS and it’s life changing. I had to build legs for mine to get good airflow. One I did this...
AD35AC27-41B6-436F-B504-53F72B549EC0.jpeg

I was able to get smokes that produced this
3822E724-F581-45D5-9C3A-491270B58DC3.jpeg

Now all I need is a smoke ring. A lump of charcoal should help with that.

Good luck!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky