Caveman Steak by RS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
I do not know if the caveman had coffee but I do know that I never feel right unless it is cool enough that I can sit in front of a fire with a coffee..

IMG_2070.JPG

Huge boneless rib eye - salt, pepper, garlic, onion, smoked paprika - on the fire - 4-minutes each side (it's a thick steak). Look at those beautiful post oak coals!

IMG_2074.JPG

Experiencing the 10-minute rest

IMG_2075.jpg

Peeerfect rare - delicious!

IMG_2077.JPG

The end.

I was expecting steak cooked directly on the coals, no grate.
But this is probably a hotter fire; cooking directly on the coals smothers the fire a little bit.
I have done it a few times and it very good - better with mesquite than post oak though. I will do one soon!

Reactions: BigW.
Looks more raw than rare but I could forch myself to eat it :emoji_laughing:

I do not know if the caveman had coffee but I do know that I never feel right unless it is cool enough that I can sit in front of a fire with a coffee..

View attachment 681152

Huge boneless rib eye - salt, pepper, garlic, onion, smoked paprika - on the fire - 4-minutes each side (it's a thick steak). Look at those beautiful post oak coals!

View attachment 681153

Experiencing the 10-minute rest

View attachment 681154

Peeerfect rare - delicious!

View attachment 681155

The end.
yessir! it cheap rib roast season. fixin on a bunch of it soon.

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky