Can see this hobby's gonna be fun ...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hookup

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
VA
No pix, but I'll start taking some.

Wifey pulled a bunch of italian sausages and chicken out of the freezer for the smoker.

The sausages were easy, throw them on. Kids came over and were hungry, so after two hours pulled the sausages off, added to a pot full of spagetti sauce, heated them up until they were done and made italian sausage sandwiches with mozzerella cheese. Kids were in heaven.

Then added a splay cocked chicken, that was injected with water, salt and brown sugar, brined with the same, then rubbed with a memphis bbq rub. Cut it up when done and basted with bbq sauce and let the sauce carmelize in the smoker for another 1/2 hour.

Added some abt that were filled with a mixture of cream cheese, a touch of mayo, and two touches of sour cream topped with bacon. Those things are addicitive. Learned to wear surgical gloves when corring a bunch and that if I eat a dozen at one sitting, then expect the worse about 5am the next morning. (wife thanks all of you for turning me onto this treat).

Then added some corn on the cob and poratabella mushrooms. Dinner was a hit.

The ABT's are great the next day - 10 minutes in a toaster over at 350dF and they turn out yummie.

Welcome to the smokin party!

Sounds like your off to a great start. I might as well tell you that some around here will tell you ,No pics didn't happen . But i believe ya cause i can allmost smell the sausage .LOL

lookin forward to some q view.

Oh yea i had to give up the ABTs for the same reason.

Gkad you had a good day around the smoker but we need Qview (pics) of all the goodies next time
biggrin.gif

More than a hobby it's a lifestyle. You know you have it bad when you wonder if you can smoke your dogs food so your buddy can enjoy the goodness.
icon_redface.gif

It starts out innocent enough, a $129 pit from Menards and a couple years later your new car sits outside because it ain't gonna rain on the Lang. enough said.

My garage is already occupied by a jon boat, pontoon boat, and 4 kayaks.  LoL.  Oh, and  where would I brew my beer?

and serve it

I need to get better at the q-view.  I end up getting a nice pix of the starting, then after the beer, work, the camera gets forgotten.

HookUp, you are hopelessly addicted to the thin blue smoke and there is no known cure.  We used to hold Food Smokers Anonymous meetings on Saturdays but for some reason or another, nobody would so up!!
icon_smile.gif

Hi, my name is Dutch and I'm addicted to smoked foods~ 

I am.

Wife finally gave in and realized that this is not my typical hobby because she can enjoy it.

Last time I smoked she said she had enough grilled meat for a while.  Then realized smoked meat left over is a plus and can be used in many other dishes.

Gem that she is, got me two chickens for Saturday.  One will be dinner, the rest cut up for next weeks dishes.

I think I have a partner now in my new addiction.

Me, I'm lik'n the extra stuff you add to the smoker; ABT's, corn, brats, spuds ... 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky