Can in the Butt Chicken.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Last monday I decided to do a whole chicken. They were on sale for .77 a lb. The only can of drink that we had was a cherry coke zero. So I used that to shove up the chickens butt.

I coated with my rub put it on the gosm. I wanted to try something different this time. I norm cook them at 300 for 2 - 2.5 hours. This time I cooked at 215-220 for 4 hours. Temps were well above 165 so I was a little concerned about this being dry.

I must say that this was the most tender and flavorful chicken that we have ever had when doing it beercan chicken style.

I only took one picture of it resting out of the smoker.

Thanks for looking.

That is a gorgeous color!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Sounds delicious, between the cola and your rub it had to be good.

That and rotisserie chicken is probably the best way to do it, although I rarely notice much difference in whatever flavor is in the can. Even without the brine, they come out moist.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Beautiful bird! Wow that thing is nice looking.
Bought one of those beer holders a while ago and never ended up trying it out but you pic is going to make me give it a try.
Thanks
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Great looking Chicken, Looks like the Can of Coke in the Butt REALLY AGREED with him...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks guys. I forgot to say that about 1.5 hours in I applied EVOO to the skin.

Now thats a great looking an you said tasting bird you have there brian. Great job and keep it up.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I have used DP before also. should turn out great. Dont forget the qview.

Great looking bird Brian.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky