Brunswick stew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaredk

Original poster
Jul 8, 2023
Too hot to fire up the grill yesterday but I needed a BBQ fix.

Melted 1 stick of butter in a Dutch oven and browned an entire chopped vidalia onion and a few cloves of minced garlic. Once done, I added salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste along with 1/8 cup Worcestershire. Let that simmer for 5-10 min then threw in 1.5lbs of brisket I had vacuum-sealed in the freezer (chopped) along with 1/4 cup Blues Hog Tennessee Red and 1/2 cup Dukes Carolina Gold. Let that do it’s thing for another 10min and added a big can of crushed tomatoes, a can of corn, frozen lima beans, and a qt of chicken stock (BTB).

At this point I was out of room so on went the lid and simmered all day. Couple shakes of hot sauce and pepper vinegar and washed down with a few cold Budvars!

Attachments

• IMG_4680.jpeg
    IMG_4680.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 15
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky