Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brinkpaul

Original poster
Jun 4, 2015
Doing my first brisket sunday anyone have any tips tricks or advice. Im not set on a rub yet. Thinking either a basic bbq rub or maybe something with a spicier cajun bite to it. One to any suggestions thanks.

Paul , there are several things folks do to cook a Brisket. Rubbing with whatever , wrapping when half way , adding juice to the wrapped meat , Injecting with Broth or other liquid .

I tend to be as simple as I can ... different smokers have different 'attitudes' and you must work them out . I am a Stick Burner and use no "Charcoal" or Charred pieces . I use different woods for different flavor profiles .

My rub for Brisket is Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper ( sometimes I add Garlic and Onion powders). I coat liberally and press it in...

Next I place it in a pre-heated 225*F Smoker . I tend to leave the lid shut until the finish ( unless for a problem  or to show for a Pic.) otherwise the lid stays shut the entire time. When you are looking , you're not cooking .

When my Brisky get close to it's finish ( I go by my temps.) at 195*F to 205*F , I open , probe with a toothpick for tenderness. Sometimes , especiallyRibs or something I use Sugars on , I can smell the doneness (a sweet , not pungent , smell) in the smoke.

You will get a lot of ways to do your cook , but simplicity is always a good choice .

Hope you have goodluck with your smoke , and as you do , the best advice you will get is this . . .Patience !

My results...

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky