Brisket recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ya'll truly humble me, I've been part of some BBQ discussion forums before but when someone asked someone a ? when they are about "to throw in the towel" no response. I asked a question on brisket last night and WOW, This forum is exactly what I was looking for, I am not a BBQ pitmaster. I am however a backyard BBQ'er & smoker thats been trial and error for 8+ years. However ya'll and some of you I have never met, step up and give a nobody newbie some advise. I am in debt to ya'll and I am truly humbled by ya'll. Hope maybe someday I can help ya'll out but does not seem likely with all your expertise, so for now a BIG thanks to everyone. Thanks, WHB
That's what this forum is about - fellow smokers helping each other out 
2thumbs.gif
  Glad you like it here 
biggrin.gif
  Have fun with your smokes 
beercheer.gif

Ya'll truly humble me, I've been part of some BBQ discussion forums before but when someone asked someone a ? when they are about "to throw in the towel" no response. I asked a question on brisket last night and WOW, This forum is exactly what I was looking for, I am not a BBQ pitmaster. I am however a backyard BBQ'er & smoker thats been trial and error for 8+ years. However ya'll and some of you I have never met, step up and give a nobody newbie some advise. I am in debt to ya'll and I am truly humbled by ya'll. Hope maybe someday I can help ya'll out but does not seem likely with all your expertise, so for now a BIG thanks to everyone. Thanks, WHB
I had never smoked anything before this past Father's Day(was a cook for 20 years prior though) and this place almost makes me feel like I'm a pro at it. Everyone here helps out and shares their knowledge and helps out when they can. Is great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am late to this party, well my bud Smoking B already posted a thread with my Beef Rubs (Thanks), anyway I LOVE to use MUSTARD on my meats. While yes in the end the flavor is diminished, it still adds that little something in the background that keeps my guests wondering, " why is JJ's BBQ always better than mine? " Mustard not only has it's own flavor it contains some Salt, an Acid like Vinegar or Wine and some Fat. The salt and acid contribute to sanitizing the surface of the meat, lowering the risk of pushing bacteria into the meat if you wish to inject or puncture the surface. The fat/oil helps transfer the fat soluble flavors of your Rub to the meat. So unless you are salt sensitive or hate the flavor, using a coat of Mustard benefits in more categories than just being a Glue!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky