Bricked iPhone 14

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
After taking some pics yesterday of the cheeps and bread, I sit my phone on the table. When I went to get it and take few more pics, Oh its off and wont come back on. Put back on charger went online to see why and most were saying the latest update caused it to brick...Ok well I never did the update as I have automatic update disabled. I tried all the ways shown online and still nothing. Went to town to Verizon, they worked on it and finally told me its a paper weight :emoji_astonished: And since it was paid for cash I didnt keep the ins :emoji_disappointed:. So after eye appt tomorrow I gotta go phone shopping. Thinking im going to ditch the iPhone and go back to Samsung or even google pixel.

OUI
Just keeps getting better :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished:

After taking some pics yesterday of the cheeps and bread, I sit my phone on the table. When I went to get it and take few more pics, Oh its off and wont come back on. Put back on charger went online to see why and most were saying the latest update caused it to brick...Ok well I never did the update as I have automatic update disabled. I tried all the ways shown online and still nothing. Went to town to Verizon, they worked on it and finally told me its a paper weight :emoji_astonished: And since it was paid for cash I didnt keep the ins :emoji_disappointed:. So after eye appt tomorrow I gotta go phone shopping. Thinking im going to ditch the iPhone and go back to Samsung or even google pixel.

OUI
Just keeps getting better :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished:
That sucks...

- Jason

Reactions: DieselTech

OUI
That seems to be going around this week. I know of 3 other people that has had to get new phones. Me included. I think it's a dang conspiracy.

I went back to samsung phones.

Been running a I phone about 6 years, if anything happens to this 1 may go back to a android, will have to get retrained lol the I phones have about priced me out of them looking at prices.

OUI
I love my Pixel Pro 7. I was an iPhone guy for years via work but when I had to buy my own I did the Pixel. Next time Spectrum has the 8 Pro on sale for $399 I'm going to grab it

If there is an Apple store handy, I'd try that before giving up. They know a bunch of "secret codes" that might raise the dead. I don't have an iToy phone but have friends that retired from Apple who told me that

On my wifes crapple phone with apple support for 1.5 hrs. No help
Verizon phone tech no help

Back to android for me.

I have lost 4 and dropped/stepped on a few more, son bought me a otter case for this last 1, they protect them really well. Been on a roll and not lost 1 in 7-8 years :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky