Bresaola

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Not done one in few years.

Just a tad under 5lb. Trimmed up some. Dont know if I will tie it.

That's Buffalo Trace in the glass (for me)
bres.jpg

Cure 2 and kosher salt mixed with the Bresaola rub.
Pat it on, dont rub. Repeat and use it all, dont be shy.

Letting it rest some before putting in a ziplock and a 2 week rest.
bres1.jpg

BBL

That's gonna be great. For 5#, I'd let it go longer than 2 weeks though. I'm assuming it's an EQ cure, so you don't have to worry about too salty.

edit: Now you have me thinking about a bourbon-cured bresaola.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
That's gonna be great. For 5#, I'd let it go longer than 2 weeks though. I'm assuming it's an EQ cure, so you don't have to worry about too salty.

edit: Now you have me thinking about a bourbon-cured bresaola.
Just in bag for curing.

Drying is another monster.

I just looked up bresaola, i'm looking for a next project. So a few guestions.

They say not to freeze, so to keep 5lbs do you cut into 1lb pieces and vac seal them, so you only have to deal with smaller quantities?

Do you need a drying chamber? I guess I could maybe put it in garage. Then I would need to find other meats to dry, mmm.

Could you share your cure process?

Enabler comment is thus warranted.

Looking good Rick! After our big deer and wild hog processing day in February is out of the way, I got some venison whole muscles I wanna hang for venison Bresaola.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky