Shichimi Bresaola

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
I'm working my way around the Spices of the World chart that's been floating around. This is a Shichimi-cured bresaola. It had dried to 38% after only two weeks of hanging, so I vac sealed it and let it sit until a little over a month had passed for the #2. The flavor penetrated really well, I'm thinking of ways I can use really thin slices in sushi.

1690043140886.png

Reactions: indaswamp
Interesting. Never heard of shichimi. Anything to compare it to?
It's got a vaguely seaweed/bonita flake thing going on in addition to the peppers. It's just enough to be tasty - if it was much stronger, I don't think I'd like it. My favorite ramen spot has a bonita-based variant that is way too much for me.

Yep. Interesting indeed! Love the look of how that dried after equalizing!
Yeah, it evened out nicely!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky