Bresaola #2 (2023) is done!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Very even drying through the middle. You will always have a slight dry rim no matter what....this is as perfect as I can make it as airflow is as low as I can take it.
IMG_20231028_171930.jpg

I am happy. 35% weight loss. Sample slices are magnificent! Strong mold growth really enhanced the umami in the piece!
IMG_20231028_171623.jpg

Close up shot...
IMG_20231028_171941.jpg

Reactions: indaswamp
Yeah , that looks perfect . I did a hunk of sirloin in a Umai bag . It was good , but when I sliced it , it oxidized fast . Not sure why , but hard to eat a chocolate brown slice of beef even if it tastes good . Lol .
Nice work on that .

Love the colour on that, and I second the aroma in your place must be out of this world good

David
Thank you David. The aroma is strongest at the beginning....well, except for Culatello after the summer phase. That's just ridiculously strong!

I've said it before. And I'll say it again. You got talent!
Thank you Steve for the comment. I've learned from the best watching Italian Norcini work to perfection. Hours and hours of youtubes......

That’s gorgeous, and perfectly even.
Thank you Loyd! I had no idea building my new chamber from the ground up would be so involved. But you know what? All the intricate details thinking about the science and how it all interacts has made me a better salumist.

Yeah , that looks perfect . I did a hunk of sirloin in a Umai bag . It was good , but when I sliced it , it oxidized fast . Not sure why , but hard to eat a chocolate brown slice of beef even if it tastes good . Lol .
Nice work on that .
Thank you Rich! Did you vac seal after each slicing? That's what I do religiously to keep the flavor profile optimum.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky