Blackstone 22" griddle.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well my griddle arrived today and even tho I forked out $30 more than I had to (kills me) it appeared to be a well made appliance and should last awhile. It's bigger than I thought it was going to be, plenty big enough for whatever I'll be doing on it. I got the shipping goop rinsed off and then went to hook up my propane hose to the grill and 20 pound tank. Ah, surprise, hose doesn't fit, it takes one that "exclusive to BS 17" & 22" griddles".

How smart of them to put a fitting on the griddle that wouldn't accept a standard propane hose with regulator! OK, what's another $30, I never intended to use the little propane cannisters forever, so it's ordered. My tub of BS seasoning goop should arrive tomorrow so maybe I can get it seasoned with what's left in the little propane cannister, or maybe I'll just wait a couple days until everything's here and I can be sure to get this done right. I've got my old 6" taping knife all tidy and shiny and figure that'll be a fine griddle scraper, tho I'd imagine Blackstone has something that'd be even better for a additional $30 or so. Now I've got a little time to think about my first cook! It's always something. RAY

I got the Blackstone scraper from Walmart for a touch over 15.00 Good sturdy scraper.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I got the Blackstone scraper from Walmart for a touch over 15.00 Good sturdy scraper.

I'm thinking my 6" taping blade will work just fine Steve, tho I am getting a bacon press sent to me from Cabelas. Cabelas always means free, and I love free! I must admit, I'm getting kind of pumped to fire this thing up, I keep thinking about Philly cheesesteaks. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
We got our 22" Blackstone last week. Seasoned it with coconut oil. First cook was a chicken kabab but without the skewers. We burned through the 1 pound tank quickly and the next day I ordered the bulk tank hose and regulator. We got the 22" version with the idea that it will go in the RV when and if we are ever able to go camping. I am currently building a table for it to sit on.

Another thing ,, The wok I got for a wedding present in 1989 , that's been used twice , has a spun aluminum domed lid with a wood handle . Works great with the flat top for steaming .

Reactions: fullborebbq
We got our 22" Blackstone last week. Seasoned it with coconut oil. First cook was a chicken kabab but without the skewers. We burned through the 1 pound tank quickly and the next day I ordered the bulk tank hose and regulator. We got the 22" version with the idea that it will go in the RV when and if we are ever able to go camping. I am currently building a table for it to sit on.

I ordered the 3' hose thru Blackstone Braz. I saw the 22" ones from Cabelas and wanted to get one of those, but I believe the only one that will have the correct fitting has to be ordered from BS. RAY

sawhorseray sawhorseray get you a couple cheap plastic squeeze bottles . One for water , one for oil .

Already ordered and on the way Rich! I'm going to wait to season the griddle until the hose gets here, I'm not going to chance running out of fuel half way thru. As it's going to sit out on the patio forever I've decided to just make a plywood cover that'll go over the entire unit with a little slot cut out for the hose. It's actually going to sit right next to where the propane tanks are stored for the weed torch and heater in the winter, just about perfect! RAY
DSCN1872.JPG

Reactions: chopsaw
I ordered the 3' hose thru Blackstone Braz. I saw the 22" ones from Cabelas and wanted to get one of those, but I believe the only one that will have the correct fitting has to be ordered from BS. RAY

Already ordered and on the way Rich! I'm going to wait to season the griddle until the hose gets here, I'm not going to chance running out of fuel half way thru. As it's going to sit out on the patio forever I've decided to just make a plywood cover that'll go over the entire unit with a little slot cut out for the hose. It's actually going to sit right next to where the propane tanks are stored for the weed torch and heater in the winter, just about perfect! RAY
View attachment 448918
It looks like that is going to be a nice set up for you. If you would have been thinking when you ordered yor adapter, you could have ordered an extra one and I wouldn't have to! :emoji_laughing:

It looks like that is going to be a nice set up for you. If you would have been thinking when you ordered your adapter, you could have ordered an extra one and I wouldn't have to! :emoji_laughing:

Sorry about that Denny, must have just slipped my mind! I really wanted to find a hose from Cabelas or BPS due to having a ton of points and gift card money. Then when I clicked on the BS site and saw that the hose was "exclusive to BS 17" & 22" griddles" I got the idea that nothing else was going to work. Of course I had a hose for my Ranger 2 camp stove that looked like it was going to work, but those sneaky folks at Blackstone made sure it wouldn't. RAY

Well my griddle arrived today and even tho I forked out $30 more than I had to (kills me) it appeared to be a well made appliance and should last awhile. It's bigger than I thought it was going to be, plenty big enough for whatever I'll be doing on it. I got the shipping goop rinsed off and then went to hook up my propane hose to the grill and 20 pound tank. Ah, surprise, hose doesn't fit, it takes one that "exclusive to BS 17" & 22" griddles".

How smart of them to put a fitting on the griddle that wouldn't accept a standard propane hose with regulator! OK, what's another $30, I never intended to use the little propane cannisters forever, so it's ordered. My tub of BS seasoning goop should arrive tomorrow so maybe I can get it seasoned with what's left in the little propane cannister, or maybe I'll just wait a couple days until everything's here and I can be sure to get this done right. I've got my old 6" taping knife all tidy and shiny and figure that'll be a fine griddle scraper, tho I'd imagine Blackstone has something that'd be even better for a additional $30 or so. Now I've got a little time to think about my first cook! It's always something. RAY

Ray you might as well go ahead and order the spatulas. Chop already mentioned a couple cheapo squeeze bottles, and the 6" knife will work just fine for scraping but the long spatula's come in handy for sure. They can be yours for around $30 :emoji_laughing:

Ray you might as well go ahead and order the spatulas. Chop already mentioned a couple cheapo squeeze bottles, and the 6" knife will work just fine for scraping but the long spatula's come in handy for sure. They can be yours for around $30 :emoji_laughing:
We bought an 8 piece set for our big stovetop griddle at the fire station last year and it turned out to be a very good purchase. We got it at Amazon for $21.00, checked last night and it is now $35.00. I didn't get it. Maybe Ray will buy it for me when he orders his! :emoji_laughing:

Nope, no way John! Not only is enough is enough already, but just like my custom pizza slicer, I've got a heirloom spatula that's been in my family for longer than I can remember. Check it out Denny, Amazon wouldn't have a spatula with this kind of character for under $500! RAY
DSCN1873.JPG

I use the taping knives because I like the straight handle . A little grease and heat not going to make these hands look or feel any worse than they all ready do .

Touché my friend. Very nice spatula Ray! Cheesesteaks are one my favorite things to do on mine. Throwing some peppers and onions on there will have your neighbors start texting asking what time dinner is.

Alright, you guys got me in trouble ( when she gets back )
Walked into local Home Of Economy, and all be darned if they didn't have a shelf full for $119 , So of course I had to leave with one. May purchase stand (or build), and get the cover. Have hose from my Mr.Heater so can run 20# tank.
20200611_164717.jpg

Once you price the stand you'll build your own table.

Alright, you guys got me in trouble ( when she gets back )
Walked into local Home Of Economy, and all be darned if they didn't have a shelf full for $119 , So of course I had to leave with one. May purchase stand (or build), and get the cover. Have hose from my Mr.Heater so can run 20# tank.View attachment 448998
Sweet! Just get it seasoned up and make a couple of smash burgers or cheese steaks and all will be right within your world.

Congrats! Blackstones have a proprietary fitting on their hoses I think.

Alright, you guys got me in trouble ( when she gets back ) Walked into local Home Of Economy, and all be darned if they didn't have a shelf full for $119 , So of course I had to leave with one. May purchase stand (or build), and get the cover. Have hose from my Mr.Heater so can run 20# tank.

I don't know if that Mr Heater hose is going to work Winterrider. I had a hose from my Ranger 2 camp stove that I was sure was going to work, darned if the folks at Blackstone were going to stand for that! They put a bastard gas fitting on the stove that makes getting a hose that'll work on a 20lb tank hard to get unless you buy it from them. I know, mine's due here shortly. I got mine seasoned yesterday with five coats of the goop from Blackstone, not much left in the little green cannister, maybe enough for bacon and eggs later. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky