New RT Griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

babydocsmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2022
Northern Utah
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are about the new Rectecq griddle.

Its pellet fed, which I kinda like the idea but wonder when you're cooking at higher temps (like griddle temps) is it really gonna make any difference? In the end heat is heat and pellets can be expensive if you're burning a lot on a wide open surface like a griddle. It looks like its got some good features, and I love the Rectecq brand, but I wonder if its worth the extra $$ compared to a Blackstone on clearance at Walmart.

@ a 350 temp, the RT burner goes through about 1.5 lbs per hour average about 26 hours of burn time for a $13 Costco bag…. Last time I filled a fully empty tank was 20 bills or 24 for and exchange so the equivalent would be close to 40 hours of flat top time……I would say is very comparable and maybe even a bit cheaper…….

Oh I will add having it temp controlled makes it more like a true therm controlled flat top which has a huge value in flat top operational cooking. I’m actually very intrigued about it……I’ll be watching the reviews and one just may find a home next to my 1250…….

Oh I will add having it temp controlled makes it more like a true therm controlled flat top which has a huge value in flat top operational cooking. I’m actually very intrigued about it……I’ll be watching the reviews and one just may find a home next to my 1250…….
I had the same thought...and there is room next to my 1250 as well :emoji_sunglasses:.

I guess you really could use any pellet, so stock up on whatever is cheapest maybe. I just wonder if they are gonna burn through pellets faster than that since its not a closed system like the grill is.

I'll be honest, I don't have a griddle and I hate using propane for things. My thought was to run natural gas from my home since I have an access point, but that's a lot more work. If you pick one up....post your thoughts on it!

I had the same thought...and there is room next to my 1250 as well :emoji_sunglasses:.

I guess you really could use any pellet, so stock up on whatever is cheapest maybe. I just wonder if they are gonna burn through pellets faster than that since its not a closed system like the grill is.

I'll be honest, I don't have a griddle and I hate using propane for things. My thought was to run natural gas from my home since I have an access point, but that's a lot more work. If you pick one up....post your thoughts on it!
I have a mini 2 burner that I won from the Throwdown that I use in the trailer and I also have a 1/4 inch flat top for the Weber gasser, and both work well but I miss having a therm controlled one. The RT does have a lid as they are pushing the smoking flavor and it does have a upper rack to roast. I'm pretty sure the therm control is air based vs plate temp, cause 350 to 375 plate temp is the most common temp so that's why I'm interested in how controlled it will be.

Reactions: babydocsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky