Black stone 36" propane griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schroeder

Original poster
Jun 12, 2015
Eastern North Carolina
I know this doesn't have anything to do with smoking meats but hey good food is good food! Does anyone have one of these and has a few favorite recipes? I'm looking for some new ideas! I make some pretty mean burgers, steaks, philly cheese steak sandwiches and of course breakfasts on this thing! If you don't have one I highly recommend it! Between this and my smoker I'm hardly in the kitchen anymore!

For my philly cheese steak recipe: I'll usually just buy a flak steak or something similar that's on the cheap side, slice it as think as I can get it then throw it on the griddle with some Worcestershire sauce and a healthy sprinkling of mccormik mesquite spice. While that is going on i throw some onions and peppers on the other side with some butter and let that saute a bit, and in the middle i put my bread (usually I use sourdough bread) to toast that up a bit. After the steak looks done (only takes a few min) and the onions and peppers are done i mix them together and throw a few slices of provolone and pepperjack cheeses in there. Serve it on the sourdough bread with a little thick and hearty A1 steak sauce. Simple recipe but very good!

Last edited:
I have a blackstone and I love it! I have made cheesesteaks, burgers, sausage and peppers, steak fried to and a few things I cant remember. It's also great to make sandwiches or stir fries with leftover BBQ. I made brisket Philly cheesesteaks a few weeks ago and pulled pork Paninis as well. Cooks great eggs. Have yet to do pancakes on it but I will soon!

Sounds like a great addition to my cooking arsenal!

Now where to put it?

I guess it will go on the wish list for now!

Do you have a photo of it?

Al

They really are good at everything! And I make some awesome pancakes the other day: in one bowl mix 3 cups flour, 3 tbspn sugar, 3 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 3/4 tsp salt; in another bowl mix 3 cups buttermilk, 1/2 cup milk, 3 eggs, and 1/3 cup melted butter; pour wet ingredients into dry and mix, then once they are done sprinkle with cinnamon sugar!
. And here's the only pic I have of it! It was 4th of July so I was trying to be as American as I could haha

I don't have a Blackstone grill, but I have a 2 burner camp chef with a full sized griddle and a SS griddle that covers 1 burner. Use it every weekend during the camping season.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky