Birthday Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
For my birthday this year my wife surprised me by taking me to Lake Tahoe for the night and getting a reservation at Hells Kitchen.

Screenshot_2.png

For apps we had the Lobster Risotto and Pan seared Scallops. Both were good but the Risotto was our of this world.

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_3.png

For mains I had the 8oz Filet topped with king crab, asparagus, and Bearnaise sauce.

Screenshot_6.png

Wife had the Beef Wellington with mashed taters.

Screenshot_7.png

Both meals were out of this world.

For desert We had Sticky Toffee Pudding and a Chocolate Cake. The Pudding was the better of the 2. The wife ended up with the Chocolate on and I had the Pudding.

Screenshot_8.png

It was a great birthday surprise. Expensive but definately a great experience and I have to say probably the best meal I have ever had.

If you ever get a chance to go its worth the trip IMO.

Take care all

Looks like a great dinner and nice surprise

You're killing me smalls! That had to be an awesome meal! And two things on my to do list...beef wellington and risotto. Just to say that I've made them...or at least tried lol.

Ryan

That is a meal to remember! I lived in Elk Grove until a few years back, never much cared for driving over Hwy 50. RAY

Happy Birthday Brian!

My in laws have house in crystal bay and we try to get up there every year, so it looks like I know where I want to eat one of those nights while visiting. And I am not a risotto fan but if you say it was that good I will have to give it a try.

GRET BIG LIKE!

John

Great looking meal and a heck of a birthday present.
Did a travel nurse assignment in Reno a few years ago. Stayed in Carson City. Did the trip to Tahoe a couple of times. Beautiful area.
Jim

Looks and sounds like a great meal Brian. Also sounds like your wife is destined for sainthood treating you to a meal like that. Happy birthday sir!!

Robert

What an awesome meal and experience! Happy Birthday! Years ago, before kids, my wife and I went to a really expensive restaurant in Vegas and it was astonishing how amazing the food was. It was an incredible eye opener, kind of like spending my whole life on a Junior Varsity Football Team and then suddenly going to the Super Bowl. It really was several levels above anything I had eaten and I had no idea that food could taste so amazing. Haha, I paid about as much for the meal as my monthly rent was at the time, and we definitely didn't fit in there, but they were all super friendly and took us to the kitchen to explain meal prep, meat selection, showed us where the Sous chefs looked at screens from cameras that were looking down at each table so that they could perfectly time when to fire the next dish, etc.

I agree with you 100% and so glad you had the experience that everyone should do at least once. Happy Birthday!
1646922741683.png

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Happy birthday bmudd14474 bmudd14474 . Looks like a grand meal in a wonderful setting. Is there still a lot of snow up the hill? I’m hoping there is.

Sadly no. The snow pack is really low even though we got that massive storm in December. Summer should be interesting.

What an awesome meal and experience! Happy Birthday! Years ago, before kids, my wife and I went to a really expensive restaurant in Vegas and it was astonishing how amazing the food was. It was an incredible eye opener, kind of like spending my whole life on a Junior Varsity Football Team and then suddenly going to the Super Bowl. It really was several levels above anything I had eaten and I had no idea that food could taste so amazing. Haha, I paid about as much for the meal as my monthly rent was at the time, and we definitely didn't fit in there, but they were all super friendly and took us to the kitchen to explain meal prep, meat selection, showed us where the Sous chefs looked at screens from cameras that were looking down at each table so that they could perfectly time when to fire the next dish, etc.

I agree with you 100% and so glad you had the experience that everyone should do at least once. Happy Birthday!
View attachment 528355

Excellent way to put it. Going from JV to the superbowl is right. Its got me thinking of ways to improve everything I cook now as I want to get to or near that level.

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky